BOSTON MARATHON explosion--3 PM today

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

jamestkirk

BOSTON MARATHON explosion--3 PM today

Post by jamestkirk »

DEVELOPING: The Boston Marathon headquarters has been locked down after two explosions were reported near the finish line, a spokesman told Reuters.

Witnesses reportedly heard two booms near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel that sounded like two claps of thunder.

The Associated Press says there are reports of injuries.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

:( What a horrible happening. No words.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

MistyJm wrote::( What a horrible happening. No words.
Yes, Moni.

A dear friend & his wife were in the VIP bleachers directly across from the blast, and witnessed it all. They are ok, but so broken hearted. (She (Joan Benoit) won the 1980 Olympic women's marathon and the Boston race twice, so she is very directly involved in such events; & friend & mentor to many runners)

So sad.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

jamestkirk wrote:
MistyJm wrote::( What a horrible happening. No words.
Yes, Moni.

A dear friend & his wife were in the VIP bleachers directly across from the blast, and witnessed it all. They are ok, but so broken hearted. (She (Joan Benoit) won the 1980 Olympic women's marathon and the Boston race twice, so she is very directly involved in such events; & friend & mentor to many runners)

So sad.
That's terrible. Just from seeing it on TV I got cold shivers. I can't imagine being there and see it happen so close. I am glad your friends are ok Scott. Physical ok. It's gonna take a long time to heal the hurt in the heart though. When you see something like this happen. :(
What I do know is that American's have an incredible way of bouncing back. You've shown that after 9/11. And you all will again. :)
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Thanks, Moni.

This seems as relevant today as in 1970....just tears you up.

Who'll Stop The Rain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5zZKawkcBU

-Aldous Huxley
door71

Post by door71 »

Horrible. No words can really describe.
Hope your ok Tarn.
Hearts out to everyone.
Eni

Post by Eni »

I'm surprised the investigation hasn't been discussed in here yet, or is this more of a tribute page?

Well I hope you don't think its inappropriate if I say that 19 year old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is the shadiest suspect ever. I don't mean to say that he's shady, I mean to say that his arrest and charge is when so far there is almost no evidence. They say that there is footage of them placing the bombs and yet all we've been shown is CCTV footage of them walking around the marathon like anyone else. Even worse, I saw a picture of the tan colored bag he was wearing in the footage which was said to be taken in his apartment after this whole thing. Apparently this is the bag holding the bomb which blew up... It didn't look blown up to me. lol.

Also, the media says that when they 'held the SUV driver hostage' they said to the hostage "we're the Boston Bombers." What kind of lame perpetrator would admit guilt when theres a nationwide search going on for them? Maybe they thought they were screwed anyway 'cause the blurry footage had been released to the public?

I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm not saying he's guilty. I'm just saying that this whole thing is bizarre.. and I've only mentioned some of it. The moment they said they were on a manhunt for a 19 year old kid I thought whhhhaat?
universalmind69

Post by universalmind69 »

Do you really think a 19 year old would get into a shootout with the cops if he was innocent? Or are you chalking down his trying to hide and shooting at the police as actions of an innocent person panicking in the face of government trying to implement him into some kind of overwrought evil conspiracy?

Trust me... I'm not one for taking everything at face value either but I have no real problem believing in this one. Being 19 years of age doesn't matter one bit when religion and/or any kind of extremism comes into play.
Do not forget that his older brother of 26 had been in federal agencies spotlight before --- plus it would seems as if he had a violent past and had fundamentalist religious views according to various sources. Another factor is them both coming from a severly war ridden country, something that is obviously never beneficial in forming a healthy and stable psyche --

I'm not for the tinfoil hat on this one... sorry :lol:
Eni

Post by Eni »

Nah, the evil government set up theory is shady as well. lol. I'm basically saying that I don't know what the truth is. I also think that when someone shoots at you, you naturally defend yourself. It isn't so unlikely for someone (especially two young men) to be armed with guns. When my cousin came to visit us from Hungary years ago he was armed with pepper spray when we went out at night. Hahaha. I guess some people like to be extra cautious. I saw a youtube clip of the shoot-out from a week ago and either Dzhokhar or his older brother were yelling something along the lines of: "we surrender!" or "chill out, we didn't do it!!" and yet the police continued firing.

One thing I find really interesting implicating the guilt of Tamerlan is that his so called 'best friend' from years ago was found murdered. Right now police are really suspecting him as you can imagine. It was some feud related to marijuana and funnily enough it was suggested that Tamerlan was into that, before he went straight edge and religious. But who knows?? Anyway, I've seen regular lay people suggest the theory that Dzhokhar was just an on looker and his brother bombed those people single handedly, catching his little brother off guard. Like you said the guy was suspicious and apparently prone to violence.

I've heard of eye witnesses saying that Dzhokhar had his bag with him when he left, and also theres the picture from his apartment that I mentioned. The reason I mentioned his age is that I was 19 two years ago and back then I thought about my favourite television shows, rather than bombing a bunch of runners. lol. At my age its hard to conceive but I can see why it wouldn't be for you. I've also read his tweets from his alleged twitter and they are like the tweets of a bunny rabbit. You think: this guy is a terrorist? Anyway, I think he's so young and I feel its a little unfortunate. I will admit that I have sympathy for him and this is why I'm not quick to implicate him. We will wait for the trial.

Your name is Andy right? Well I think that the ironies of the case are an interesting source of discussion. I didn't want to get into a debate nor am I interested in it. This investigation is like high quality reality TV because of the mysteries and the suspense of it don't you think? But maybe I'm the only one here who finds entertainment in something so unfortunate. Its better than crying about it though. lol.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

19 years old is not hard to believe. 18 year olds (and sometimes as young as 12 in Africa--easier to manipulate) fight and kill in every army across the globe with an older authority figure leading them on. What's hard to believe is that anyone would do such a thing. It's just too sad to contemplate...but they do it all the time.

-Aldous Huxley