Moonrise in New Zealand-music to a moonrise like no other!

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

jamestkirk

Moonrise in New Zealand-music to a moonrise like no other!

Post by jamestkirk »

... this is what music is all about...MOONRISE over Mount Victoria...if this doesn't get your muse up, nothing will.

I've always loved the idea of New Zealand. After my wife saw this, she said let's move there!

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzRu5_Do6Og

Robert T. Gonzalez:

This is not a time lapse. This moonrise, recorded just two days ago [Lalit Mehra] (Posted on Jan 30, 2013) and presented here in real time, was shot in Wellington, New Zealand — and it is positively spellbinding. Seriously Just watch.

The moon illusion is working overtime here, thanks to some clever camera placement by astrophotographer Mark Gee, who set up shop a full two kilometers away from Mount Victoria Lookout in anticipation of the Moon's appearance over the horizon. Writes Gee of the video, which he calls, appropriately, "Full Moon Silhouettes": Full Moon Silhouettes is a real time video of the moon rising over the Mount Victoria Lookout in Wellington, New Zealand. People had gathered up there this night to get the best view possible of the moon rising.

I captured the video from 2.1km away on the other side of the city. It's something that I've been wanting to photograph for a long time now, and a lot of planning and failed attempts had taken place. Finally, during moon rise on the 28th January 2013, everything fell into place and I got my footage. Oh, to be one of the stargazers silhouetted against this brilliantly limned orb, our planet's largest satellite. You'll want to watch this one in full screen, HD, etc.
Last edited by jamestkirk on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
doorman

Post by doorman »

Wellington, the 'windy city', lived there for a couple of years.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Nice...sounds like a beautiful locale, Doorman...as does all of NZ!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley