My new doors related album

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

nelson8874

My new doors related album

Post by nelson8874 »

Just bought this triple album. Really liked it.

The solo songs.. i think there are better ray and krieger solo songs...
Not much to choose on the densmore side. So that ones are ok. Heard the Phantom divine comedy and cliff morrison's songs for the first time. Interesting.... Never liked that nico version of The End. Don't understant why that song is included in this first set....

Nice covers on the 2nd cd. Love that The end version :) Don't relly know that artists.

My favourite cd is this last one. The Roots. Was relly interested in this old versions of the Crawling King Snake, Backdoor Man, close to You, Who do You Love...

And the artwork is very beautifull. I relly liked this one ;)

jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Nice.

What's the label? Release date. Europe only?

:mrgreen:
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
nelson8874

Post by nelson8874 »

Music Brokers
Made in Mexico (thought it was spanish...)

Bought it in a FNAC Store

http://www.fnac.pt/The-Doors-The-Many-F ... ar/a858720
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

Interesting, hadn't heard of this one.
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

It is a creative Doors material packaging for sure. Much more so than what The Doors people are selling us of late.

The Nico cover of The End is a defining moment for Nico – when she found her style in a way. Also, her relationship with Jim gives it interest, plus it is an iconic cover (even if Nico is an acquired taste, I agree)....but it is one of the more famous Doors cover. Quite interesting in her approach; unique in the history of Doors covers anyway.

I like the look of the 3rd CD with all the originals of the songs the Doors covered. Is Alabama Song from the musical included?

Finally, after all the rehashed reissues–a new, creative and unique way to package The Doors.

Do love that cover art too!

=)
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
nelson8874

Post by nelson8874 »

I think the alabama song is from the musical. As writen in the back cover:
"To end this fascinating journey through the confines of The Doors' world, we must say that Alabama Song is the most unusual cover The Doors have played during their career. However, the Band not only included it in their previously mentioned self-titled debut album, but it was also part of their live set lists, almost without exception. It is a poem by German poet Bertolt Brecht, with music by is fellow countryman Kurt Weill, originally included in the Mahagonny opera. In the Many Faces, we include a version featuring vocals by Lotte Lanya, Weill's wife and one of the most important figures in prewar Berlin, who late became US citizen. Lotte was the first person to record the song, wich became a total hit at the time."
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

nelson8874 wrote:I think the alabama song is from the musical. As writen in the back cover:
"To end this fascinating journey through the confines of The Doors' world, we must say that Alabama Song is the most unusual cover The Doors have played during their career. However, the Band not only included it in their previously mentioned self-titled debut album, but it was also part of their live set lists, almost without exception. It is a poem by German poet Bertolt Brecht, with music by is fellow countryman Kurt Weill, originally included in the Mahagonny opera. In the Many Faces, we include a version featuring vocals by Lotte Lanya, Weill's wife and one of the most important figures in prewar Berlin, who late became US citizen. Lotte was the first person to record the song, wich became a total hit at the time."
I have a CD with Doors originals, that also includes that version of Lotte Lenya. Lotte had also played in a James Bond movie (she was the Russian woman with the blades in her shoes)
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Hugo wrote:
nelson8874 wrote:I think the alabama song is from the musical. As writen in the back cover:
I have a CD with Doors originals, that also includes that version of Lotte Lenya. Lotte had also played in a James Bond movie (she was the Russian woman with the blades in her shoes)
HA! Really! Very cool! Cool shoes!

-Aldous Huxley
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

I love the Lotte Lenya version.

It's kinda creepy (so I see why The Doors liked it) and also slightly comical with that accent.
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd