Deep purple mk2 & GTK

Discussions of other bands, including D21C/ROTS should go here.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

anytimecowboy

Deep purple mk2 & GTK

Post by anytimecowboy »

Hey need help please if any one has any deep purple mk2 and or knowloedge of the Australia GTK archives?
I know gtk did a bit on DP when they were writing fireball. A short snippet appears on an official docu.
Does anyone know where i might be able to see this or where i can find the gtk archive.

Also where might i go for a good DP forum or archive??? Any fans here
'I've seen the future brother, it is murder'...
'whole new strange catacombs of wisdom

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
anytimecowboy

Re: Deep purple mk2 & GTK

Post by anytimecowboy »

Can you believe, I just discovered I have the extended footage on an offical dvd, at least part of it. Still does anybody have any more information?

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

You might be able to find someone at this fine forum with answers to your questions...good luck, ac.

https://bdeeppurplefanforum.runboard.com

My favorite Deep Purple LP is my UK import, gatefold vinyl, The Book Of Taleisyn.

Deep Purple The Book Of Taliesyn Full Album Remastered Edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsCq0BfcoXg

:D
Last edited by jamestkirk on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

Thanks I have seen that forum in passing, I will check it out though. I have a fascination with Fireball, despite its flaws, I'm just fascinated with period of MKII. o youi know of any Fireball outtakes or sessions other than what was on the anniversary release?

Like most though ID have to say Machine Head is THE album. MKI were a different band really to me, Lord, Paice and Blackmore just kept the name. Where is Rod Evans these days? post Bogus DP

jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

anytimecowboy wrote:Thanks I have seen that forum in passing, I will check it out though. I have a fascination with Fireball, despite its flaws, I'm just fascinated with period of MKII. o youi know of any Fireball outtakes or sessions other than what was on the anniversary release?

Like most though ID have to say Machine Head is THE album. MKI were a different band really to me, Lord, Paice and Blackmore just kept the name. Where is Rod Evans these days? post Bogus DP
A friend is crazy about Blackmore's Night..get's every new release and tons of live stuff. Haven't followed the DP band members much since the ol' daze...
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley