RSD 2019

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

anytimecowboy

RSD 2019

Post by anytimecowboy »

I've heard London fog is to be released for RSD this year. Anyone else see this?

The box set hasn't even sold out
'I've seen the future brother, it is murder'...
'whole new strange catacombs of wisdom

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
Buda

Re: RSD 2019

Post by Buda »

This is really dumb. After some short passing time they just rerelease it without thinking twice. Pathetic.
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

it was publushed on Goldmine magazine, and was shared on MildEquator facebook group.

people is thinking that the unsold boxset will be repackaged and offered for RSD. JJ is a Marteking Genious!
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

Yeah so because Jeff insisted on a bloated box to sell a 30 minute tape we now miss out on the 2019 RSD, that could have been something worthwhile

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
The Royal Sperm

JJ "marketing strategies" are for newbies
www.KatRecords.com
tombstone

Post by tombstone »

If they wanted to actually release something cool for RSD, they could release the whole Bakersfield 1970 show including the second reel on vinyl. Or a show from the Other Voices tour on vinyl. I have read a rumor (a few years ago) that the November/December 1971 Other Voices tour was professionally audio recorded.
PoorOtis D&G

Post by PoorOtis D&G »

tombstone wrote:If they wanted to actually release something cool for RSD, they could release the whole Bakersfield 1970 show including the second reel on vinyl. Or a show from the Other Voices tour on vinyl. I have read a rumor (a few years ago) that the November/December 1971 Other Voices tour was professionally audio recorded.
I agree the RSD releases have been disappointing. I would gladly welcome something unexpected. An official Bakersfield would be much welcomed. Anything from the OV tour to me has good high energy. I remember hearing that they were recorded years ago as well.
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

If they are doing Record Store Day releases, this years should 100% be Rock Is Dead to correlate with the Soft Parade 50th.
"Have a few beers, and take your time..."
UniversalMan

Post by UniversalMan »

mystery_train67 wrote:If they are doing Record Store Day releases, this years should 100% be Rock Is Dead to correlate with the Soft Parade 50th.

I just picked up that bootleg vinyl from the early 70's.

It has a 20min chunk of Rock Is Dead on side A and a few of his professionally recorded spoken poems on side B.

Its a welcome and important edition to my collection. It came with a little book with pictures, and the lyrics to the poems and Rock Is Dead written out. Pretty neat.

mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

I think I've heard this edit of RID on youtube. Without comparing myself, does anyone recall of the top of their head whether this is the same Rothchild edit from the box set or a different edit?

I've been thinking and raving about Rock Is Dead for a couple of years now, how 1969 could have been a two album year for the band- the counter balance to the soft parade could very well have been a side a rock is dead session edit, with whiskey and mystics, and side b being raw poetry. turns out this Bootleg had that idea forty odd years ago. It would have been so punk, and so bad boy at the time.
"Have a few beers, and take your time..."
morrisonhendrix

Post by morrisonhendrix »

UniversalMan wrote:
mystery_train67 wrote:If they are doing Record Store Day releases, this years should 100% be Rock Is Dead to correlate with the Soft Parade 50th.

I just picked up that bootleg vinyl from the early 70's.

It has a 20min chunk of Rock Is Dead on side A and a few of his professionally recorded spoken poems on side B.

Its a welcome and important edition to my collection. It came with a little book with pictures, and the lyrics to the poems and Rock Is Dead written out. Pretty neat.

I have the mini cover/CD version of this same bootleg.
"Music is your only friend, until the end"
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

I don't understand, if the box set didn't sell out in 3 years how is this going to sell. It's not exactly going to be cheap either

The Royal Sperm

anytimecowboy wrote:I don't understand, if the box set didn't sell out in 3 years how is this going to sell. It's not exactly going to be cheap either
well, the reference price is $14.97 and won't include coasters

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/29218966/th ... td-to-5500

www.KatRecords.com
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Also RSD 2019:
THE BASKETBALL DIARIES: ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 2-LP, the doors with Riders on the storm
See here: https://www.facebook.com/thedoors
Search for the following Vinyl LP's:
The Doors - Leico PLS 3215 - Taiwan 67
Radio Show "Classic Call"
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Additional info.

This 10" record, a breakout from the London Fog box set released in 2016, contains their first known live recordings, captured on the Sunset Strip in 1966 when they were the house band at the nightclub London Fog. The record features embryonic versions of "Strange Days" and "You Make Me Real," in addition to covers of classic songs by Muddy Waters, B.B. King and Wilson Pickett. The release is limited to 11,000 numbered copies worldwide and once they sell out...they're gone forever. Read more at https://recordstoreday.com.

Side A:
Tuning
Rock Me
Baby, Please Don't Go
You Make Me Real

Side B:
Tuning
Don't Fight It
I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man
Strange Days
Lucille