A big hello

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

FilthyBloke

A big hello

Post by FilthyBloke »

Hi all.
I used to use doors forums a long time ago. Back then they were always full of people ( I remember one chap called RunningWithScissors) and it was always an interesting place.
That was 20 years ago or more. Jim had been dead a mere 20 years or so and conspiracy theories were hot topic.
Then I left technology, for the most part, and until recently had no urge to come back. But hey ho.
And it is a bit sad to see how the biggest doors forum lacks as many people as it once did.
Maybe the mystique of the band and Jim is wearing thin? Perhaps the fact it’s nearly half a century since Jim died has dampened the enthusiasm.
Personally , I think the world of music is crying out for a Doors type band.
But anyway, I’m back. Hopefully to chat to a few like minded Doors fans.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Re: A big hello

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Welcome!
kresnik

Post by kresnik »

Welcome,

you're newbie to this forum, like me!

Hope you find it interesting as I do.

ps: Jim passed away more than 40 years ago, not twenty years ago.
five2one

Post by five2one »

FilthyBloke wrote:Hi all.
I used to use doors forums a long time ago. Back then they were always full of people ( I remember one chap called RunningWithScissors) and it was always an interesting place.
That was 20 years ago or more. Jim had been dead a mere 20 years or so and conspiracy theories were hot topic.
Then I left technology, for the most part, and until recently had no urge to come back. But hey ho.
And it is a bit sad to see how the biggest doors forum lacks as many people as it once did.
Maybe the mystique of the band and Jim is wearing thin? Perhaps the fact it’s nearly half a century since Jim died has dampened the enthusiasm.
Personally , I think the world of music is crying out for a Doors type band.
But anyway, I’m back. Hopefully to chat to a few like minded Doors fans.
People don't think much of an old man coming back from the dead. What can he do. I guess they forgot about the story of Moses.

As that is said, I do believe, sadly, Jim died. He was overpowered by the Beast, the bad parts of America. They killed him. The Beast, as in Hotel California. A metaphor.

I do believe he lives on, and will come again. The man is the only one since Jesus Christ who predicted his own death. And he elaborated on it, quite a bit.

Though, it is true, Jimi Hendriix, despite being a rock start who "had it all", did the same, to a lesser degree. Wrote and sang about how he does not live for today.

Personally, I know some will hate me saying this, but I believe in the resurrection of the dead. Not like anyone teaches today. Jim did write about it, and sang about it.

It all happens here, on earth, is how the original folks believed it.

''Love is stronger then the grave'.

Otherwise... my own dad is still working like he is in his forties, and he is in his eighties. And, I am mistaken for being 33, though I have nearly 20 years on that.

And, so what is the big hard to believe thing about dying... coming back as a baby, grow up, and do your next thing, anyway?

People today believe in CIA owning hollywood, in Roswell, and lizard people conspiracies. They just won't believe in anything true, is the sad thing.

Bad shit happens. All just disinformation. Says God does not exist. Good miracles and the incredible does not exist.

Well, it does.
Hope and Faith and Love, hope and faith will be obsolete, but never love -- Me . Just kidding. Hope & Faith & Love. Forever. (I lied to Paul, or my Angel did... I forget... hehehe... I invented joking & poker. Just don't tell the girls...