Pam/Jim topics, moratorium?

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

What say you?

Yay
72%
Nay
28%

Total votes: 18

jim4371

Pam/Jim topics, moratorium?

Post by jim4371 »

Alright, who's up for a period of no Pam/Jim topics?
They're taking over the nice place this can be..
nephron

Post by nephron »

Jim, I say yay. There's no profit in this discussion, and Vince clearly doesn't take pleasure in talking about it.
"People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."--Einstein on the death of a friend.
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

Sure seems that way, on both counts..
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

9 whole votes, eh?
JLizard

Taking Pleasure

Post by JLizard »

I'm sorry if Vince isn't taking pleasure in a topic, but let's :) it, this message board is The Doors- Can You Handle the Truth, not "Vince you should just write a book because we're going to drive you crazy".
vince

Controversy

Post by vince »

Lizard:

I take no pleasure in the repeated futile discussions in whether or not jim loved Pam, whether she was an addict, whether the mental and physical abuse the exercised was a demonstration fo love - it is not. Once or twice, debating a point here and there - fine. Point made, let's drop it. the endless pointless justification for Pam's fan slub members to justify the "Love" relationship is a disgrace to the memory of Jim.

Now as far as what I like and do not like. May I remind you that I am here as a result of an invitation by the fellow who established this forum in the first place. At his request I agreed to answer questions about the Doors, as ,ong as it did not get too personal, theyr experiences during the years of my tenure, my experiences and relationships with members of the group and others of the support team.

I vonlunteer my time, which is considerable, to answer, in as much details as I can, all questions, commentary and considerations.

When I suggest that I do not want to discuss this never ending crap about jim's love life, that is my right. I do not have to respond to such nonsense. I am under no obligation to respond to any posting.

If you find it offensive that i desire to choose what I will and will not respond to, that is your privelage. If you want you can sit here and discuss pan all you want. I have much better things to do than spend 4 or 5 hours a day responding to each persons positing. I really don't care to waste my time on distasteful subject.

Say the word - I stay off entirely. I don't get paid for this and it certainly does not put money in my pocket. There is a great difference between the "Truth" and pointless discussions about a junkie's state of mind 30 years after she died. I would hope you can recognize the difference.

It is my right to answer any post or not as I see fit and if you want to throw the subject of the Forum in my face for making that choice - I have other alternatives that I can exercise. May I remind you of the Title of the Forum as well. It is about me and the Doors and not about some tramp junkie. I choose to discontinue any further discussions about that subject. I have politely requested that topic no longer be discussed. Some people have become tired of the endless drivel. If you wish to continue with it, you can go to the site dedicated to the worship of that individual.

I am a volunteer here. I don't have to take insult, sarcasm or undesered criticism from anyone. Least of all doI need to have titles of the forum pushed in my face to tell me that I am supposed to respond to that which I detest. What is not written in that title is Can you handle the truth as told by Vince Treanor.

If you do not like my position - post your responce. You can take over anytime.

I wonder who you are and who you think I am to make such a statement. Does anyone think I am obliged to respond to any posting.

Just what in hell did you put such a thing on this Forum for.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
nephron

Post by nephron »

Vince, we gotta get an injection of WD-40 for your right index finger, so you can pull it right enough from the 'n' on Pan......oh wait. I've got a better idea. Don't ever type the word Pam again. That'll solve the problem. 8)
"People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."--Einstein on the death of a friend.
JLizard

But Vince, I didn't mean to do it

Post by JLizard »

Vince, I did not mean to upset you and I ask that my vote be reversed, that this board does not mention Pam again. Period.
I was thinking this section was where we were to discuss whether we as readers should be allowed to ask about this subject. I'm not the ascertive of observers, but in retrospect I should have interpretted your request in your postings previously.
Actually I think I did, I had no intentions of posting anymore about this subject, even though I had expressed a scholarly interest in it. This posting seemed to be opening a door. A door which really didn't mean a whole lot to me and one I hadn't intended on reopening.
vince

Posting

Post by vince »

JLIZ> -

I read you last. I am sure you understand, I hope so at least, that the purpose of this Forum is for people to learn about the history and activitied of the Doors. Of course ther e is a lot of focus, more than I like, on Jim and his self destructive life pattern.

As you know, this trend, exhibited in early life, brought about his untimely end and ruined the Group as a preforming entity. Quite naturally this had a major effect on my life as well.

Suddenly, the fool of a woman introduces Pam Curson. who in fact was the Bane of Jim's life. The thing got out of control.

That data that most bothered me was the constant excuses, based on the flimsiest of activities and non existant factual evidence, that Pam "Loved Jim. This thing began to totally dominate the Forum. This is NOT about Pam. It is about the Doors and me and I wanted it kept that way.

I don't like drug users, I cannot trust them. I don't like Drinkers. I have suffered under their hand and from their activities. Jim became one of these and it resulted in death.

You, and all members of the Forum are here because of an interest in the group. If we want to focus on outsiders we can get into Babe Hill - this has been discussed, Paul Ferrara, a fellow UCLE Film school aquaintance, Frank Lisciandro, the same but much more sincere and respectful and certainly a highly talented man. But Pam, she caused Jim nothing but money and misery. She gave nothing to the group but trouble resulting from her constant bickering with Jim. I just didn't want this topic to become the dominant topic on the Forum.

I point out that Windchime is the instigator of this affair. She is a proven liar, arguementitive and perhaps a little domineering.

You thoughts and questions are welcome. You comments are certainly valid. I respect the fact that so many people are members here and trust me to provide information that is the most accurate or the least erronious and sincere without a lot of emotion. I do feel an obligation to answer the many postings, even when sometimes they are not specifically to me. I do not enter into discussions of tapes and videos because I am not a clooector and have little knowledge of the avainable material.

Yes, I was upset at your post because I do spend hours of my time to answer the postings of those who really care. Because of their trust and confidence I do feel somewhat obliged to get the story as straight as possible abd eliminate the mythology found on other sites.

Welcome to the Forum, A accpt your commentary. You can change you vote by revoting and it matters little anyway since most of those will respect the fact that Pam is not really part of the Doors, rather a thorn in Jim's side. What had to be said was said. It was dragging on without end and that is why I wanted to stop it. The comment is - Enough said and I am sure you can appreciate that.

Thnks for the post. Hope to see and hear from you again.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

That caps it.
The yays have it.
Ixnay on the amPay.
JLizard

Post by JLizard »

Thanks Vince. Just remember some of us have been DOORS fans for 3 decades and never even dreamed we would have someone who was so close to the DOORS personally fielding our questions.
windchime

Post by windchime »

nephron wrote:Vince, we gotta get an injection of WD-40 for your right index finger, so you can pull it right enough from the 'n' on Pan......oh wait. I've got a better idea. Don't ever type the word Pam again. That'll solve the problem. 8)
Hilarious!!!! Loves ya!!! :P :wink:
windchime

Post by windchime »

I don't like drug users, I cannot trust them. I don't like Drinkers. I have suffered under their hand and from their activities. Jim became one of these and it resulted in death.

Then you did not like Jim Vince?? Also, thought you blamed Pam for his death, please make up your mind, lol.

I point out that Windchime is the instigator of this affair. She is a proven liar, arguementitive and perhaps a little domineering.

Why point me out, I did not start the questioning about Pam as the thread exsisted before I came (just joined not too long ago). I did not insitigate anything (new the the forum once again). You just do not like that topic which I told you I respected and would not discuss further out of respect for you. However the personal attacks on me will result in a backlash from me, you bet! I am not a liar (proven where? by the way). I am not arguementative, but I do ask questions that apparently you are unable or unwilling to answer, that is on you, not me! Lastly, I CAN and WILL be domineering when someone attacks me as you have SEVERAL times. False accusations and comments about me PERSONALLY that are way out of line. Bottom line, I WILL defend myself against slander by you or anyone else.

Lastly, I do not have a Pan (I mean Pam, lol) website. I do not wish I were her, nor do I worship her at all!! The same goes for Morrison, he soaked himself in alcohol and was an abusive person. Pam was a drug addict, Jim was an alcoholic that also dabbled in drugs. HOWEVER I AM a fan of The Doors music and the genius of it. If you choose to leave this forum, that is your choice. However do not put that on the shoulders of anyone but yourself. I have tried to speak to you about MANY other things that Pam, you were not having it. So leave if you must, but blame NO ONE but yourself. You even jump on JLizard and he was on your side!! Apparently you misread a lot of what people are trying to say to you. Please keep me out of your posts as all that you say is BS.
vince

Information

Post by vince »

Sorry about the n that I keep putting at the end of some words. Probably a reflex action.

My years with the Doors were interesting, educational and in many ways quite rewarding. I have not, like some others, capitalized on this state of affairs. It was a kind of trust, I guess.

What counts most is the relations that existed between myself and the Doors. All four of them were considerate, respectful and generous. One could hardly ask for more. Can anyone replace the excitement of a Good show. I suppose I must add, the disappointment of a bad show - there were a few of those. I might say that, though chaotic, Miami was not one of those. Isle of Wright and New Orleans were.

But it was also the many people who provided their enthusiastic support and unselfish devotion - The Band Boys.

But there was the Travel as well. Opportunities I might never have otherwise had.

I can share these thoughts and experiences with you people. It is both interesting and amusing. I have never claimed to be an Expert on the subject of the Doors. The point was made by a proven liar that there are no experts. John Ray and Robby might find that amusing. But I had a lot of experience and insight and as long as it is truth, not fiction or fantasy and not involving the inner personal lives of the Guys, I will share it with one and all. I can't always answer all the questions, and have no shame admitting it. But I will do my best with what little memory I still have.

Thanks to you all. Most important, the fellow who established this Forum, and pays for the maintenance and support of it encouraged me to share my thoughts and memories. He really deserves all the credit. Without him, there would be no Forum - a place for the real story without the frills.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
windchime

Post by windchime »

The point was made by a proven liar that there are no experts.

I am still waiting for you to tell me (and everyone) in what way I am a "proven liar." If you are going to say something like that over and over, please illuminate me (as well as the others reading the slander) on where I have "lied." There is no reason to malighn me or be malicious simply because we disagree on a few issues that were over 3 decades ago.

Having asked that, your post was lovely and very genuine. I do think it is lovely and selfess of you to take your time to answer questions to the fans of a great group of which you were a part of in so many ways, The Doors. No one could ever remember every single nuiance of events that took place over 30 years ago, but you do a fine job. Whether you like me or not, I do enjoy reading your recollections of your time with The Doors.