James Douglas Morrison Memorial Scholarship Fund

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Stuart

James Douglas Morrison Memorial Scholarship Fund

Post by Stuart »

http://www.subcin.com/scholarship.html

What are your thoughts on this Vince?.
J.B.Marx

Post by J.B.Marx »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that first pic wasn't shot while filming HWY.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Your Right, I think they have just made a mistake.
vince

Scholarship Fund

Post by vince »

Well, I suppose it was inevitable that something like this would come up. After all, if they are idolizing Pam, certainly Jim should be given some credit. After all he made her otherwise useless life famous enough for s cholarship fund.

It is a bit ironic that Jim never really did anything spectacular with his film education. He became famous as a singer. He is known in some circles as a writer but he never really did anything spectacular with film.

One wonders if he was so tired of the musical aspects of his life why he didn't get into writing, directing, producing or acting in the cinema world. Certainly he had the reputation that would have opened some studio Doors.

Interesting.

But who knows how far this will go. I assume the long and repetitive list of people are those who attended UCL film school. the list is made ,onger by the same person appearing under more than one catagory.

Well, Good luck to the project. Who knows, some fortunate and aspiring young dreamer might just make it because of this legacy from Jim and those who support the Fund.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors