Lynn Krieger and Dorothy Fujikawa

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Stuart

Lynn Krieger and Dorothy Fujikawa

Post by Stuart »

Hi Vince! Did you ever have any conversations with lynn and dorothy? what are your thoughts on them?.
vince

the Girls in the band

Post by vince »

Of course I met Lyn and DOrothy on many occasions. Dorothy was often at recordings and so was lyn. Dorothy was very typical Asian, deure and reserved. She and Ray were really happy together and they have, so far, had a nice life. Lyn was a giggly, bouncy girl. She was always fooling around, laughing and very nice. Both of them, including John's former wife' I liked them. They fitted in well with the guys and were understanding of the road trips, rehearsals and long hours during the recording sessions. Rarely did they come to rehearsals except to meet Ray or Robby then go on to other places. Most of my contact was in the recording sessions and on the road trips when they would accompany the guys

With one or two exceptions, I must say that the people whi were around the Doors group were decent, polite people who behaved with exhuberance when appropriate and were more reserved when the occasion called for it. They were nice to me. That is what really counted. Once thning I can say, they always asked permission to be on stage during a sound check or even a performance. I don't know whether they were warned about that or not but they certainly respected the sanctity of the stage and the need for care when on it so that nothing would happen to disturb either mike or power cables.

You know, It is nice to think back on people like that. We so often get caught up in the turmoil of the group and the toils of Jim and we forget that there were others who were close to the guys as well.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors