What's in your Doors Collection?

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

Not only that. German Slager music as well. It's a good thing I didn't get her taste of music. :lol:
But in that one box I did found a very old dubbel LP from Queen though.
Don't remember what it was called. I am not really in to Queen only a few songs. Maybe I should look for it again. See what it is.
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

Maybe time for a turntable purchase :mrgreen:
john christopher

Post by john christopher »

jim4371 wrote:
MistyJm wrote:Is that crazy? :oops:
I'm about 200 Doors records worth of crazy then :lol:
about the same for me. nearly 300 singles /ep, only w/picture sleeves, I'm not collecting post morrison stuffs.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

thefreed wrote:Still waiting for the photo's ....
Here's a few. There's more I would like to do to the room before posting more pics.

Sheet music above the posters.

BG-219 poster and a 2nd print FD-50-1

More of the BG-219 poster.

Last edited by TheDoorsMusic on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Nice!! Thanks for posting these!
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Fandamntastic, Dan!

When will you design a virtual tour that allows us to move around the room at will and zoom into each item?!! Ha! :wink: We'll take more shots for now.......when you're ready to share more. Thanks.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
lizard69

Post by lizard69 »

Very nice posters, I hope to do that in a room of my house one day...I see that you have a Devonshire 67 poster. I got one many years ago for 100$ on ebay, but received it with many creases :evil:
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

lizard69 wrote:Very nice posters, I hope to do that in a room of my house one day...I see that you have a Devonshire 67 poster. I got one many years ago for 100$ on ebay, but received it with many creases :evil:
I remember you posting that a while back. That was my second poster from the same seller as the first one arrived bent when he shipped it in a flat.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Very nice, Dan! Is the space between BG-219 and FD-50 reserved for anything in particular?
lizard69

Post by lizard69 »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:
lizard69 wrote:Very nice posters, I hope to do that in a room of my house one day...I see that you have a Devonshire 67 poster. I got one many years ago for 100$ on ebay, but received it with many creases :evil:
I remember you posting that a while back. That was my second poster from the same seller as the first one arrived bent when he shipped it in a flat.
Then, you got a new one from the seller? Unfortunately, I didn't ask, maybe I should do...
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

BallroomDays67 wrote:Very nice, Dan! Is the space between BG-219 and FD-50 reserved for anything in particular?
Nice observation! It's for the BG-67. :)
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

lizard69 wrote:
Then, you got a new one from the seller? Unfortunately, I didn't ask, maybe I should do...
Yep. He had two. I shipped the bent one back and when he received that, he shipped out the second one.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:
BallroomDays67 wrote:Very nice, Dan! Is the space between BG-219 and FD-50 reserved for anything in particular?
Nice observation! It's for the BG-67. :D
Cool, but I would probably go for FD-D18, FD-57 or FD-84. All three are essential, actually.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Agreed. Those three will come in time and as first printings.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

john christopher wrote: about the same for me. nearly 300 singles /ep, only w/picture sleeves, I'm not collecting post morrison stuffs.
I just counted and I have 170 singles which include a mixture of EP's, Picture Sleeves, Promos, and different generation pressings and is a work in progress. I also don't collect post Morrison Vinyl.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:Agreed. Those three will come in time and as first printings.
Sounds good, but be careful with the FD-57. It's a bit difficult to distinguish between the two printings.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Thanks for the heads up.
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

So beautiful. :D
john christopher

nice wall!!! congratulations.
what's about this one???

http://cgi.ebay.nl/The-Doors-Jefferson- ... .m63.l1177
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Thanks. I like that poster and would like to have one in the collection some day. The price on that one though is more than I'm willing to spend.
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

I havent started to collect posters because i dont know how to distinguise first printing from reprints?Dan any info ?besides the age of the paper how do you know that a poster is first printing from a reprint ?the size?
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

It's not really the size that would determine whether a poster is a first or second print but rather the variations. For example, with the FD-50 poster, the ticket outlet info is green for the first print posters and later prints would have the ticket info in white and there is a small black spot near the top portion of the second "R" in "SPARROW" found on the first print FD-50 posters. You would have to know exactly what to look for and that takes time and research. Here's a good site to get started: http://www.sixtiesposters.com/

I know Mark, and maybe others, could also offer some useful information as he has a great deal of knowledge on doors posters. I'm actually still learning and researching myself. Also, I trust some of the sellers such as garn98 and norbyjake on ebay. That helps too. Good luck and it's always fun collecting doors memorabilia!
john christopher

lizardkingteo wrote:I havent started to collect posters because i dont know how to distinguise first printing from reprints?
that's one of the reasons why I'm not collecting vintage posters, I'm not able to distinguise if it's a fake/real one, 1st press, 2nd press, etc...
second reason, that's cost a lot of money, for nothing special(in my opinion), generally there's no rare pictures on those posters.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

I've collected all of the Fillmore and Avalon 1st printings except for FD-84, of which I have a 2nd.

The problem with some of the Doors Avalon Ballroom posters is that the 1st printings are numbered at the bottom with a "-1", but the number wasn't changed on the reprints. That's the case with the FD-50. However, as Dan pointed out, it's easy to distinguish between printings. The ones that are a bit tricky are FD-57, FD-61, FD-64, and FD-84.

For example, the 1st printing FD-57 has a mustard-colored border, while the 2nd printing has a bright yellow border. I compared the two, and the color difference is subtle but noticeable. I initially purchased the 2nd printing, and sold it after I found a decent price on a 1st.

The 1st printing FD-64 is a lighter blue than the reprints. Be aware that there's a bootleg of this one that matches the color of the 1st printing. The easiest way to distinguish between the two is that on the 1st printing the ticket outlet strip lettering is bold and easily readable. On the bootleg, it looks faded. The bootleg also loses some of the image detail.

Most of the Doors Fillmore posters are easy. The only two that can cause any difficulty are BG-44 and BG-45, but they are both fairly easy to distinguish. BG-67, BG-99 and BG-219 were only printed once. BG-93 is said to have been printed only once, but may have actually been printed twice.
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

Thanks BD!!I am interested in buying the BG-44 as it is the first Doors BG poster ,but i find a little pricey for a poster..i dont know i have to think about starting collecting 1st printing posters ,as you and Chris said its a little bit tricky for some posters ..btw nice job that you have collected all Fillmore and Avalon posters , i have printed in a t-shirt the FD-84 ,i love this poster !i had seen about 10 month ago a 1st being sold on ebay for about 300$ ,dont know if it was sure 1st though
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Great, useful info. Thanks, Mark!
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

BallroomDays67 i was looking on ebay and found the BD-84 that youre missing ,dont know if that is a 1st or 2nd but check it out for yourself :

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Doors-Captain-B ... 240%3A1318
john christopher

a part of my singles collection:
italy,France,Germany?mexico

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2103/singles1.jpg
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Looking good, John. I see some in there that I'm still looking for.
john christopher

TheDoorsMusic wrote:Looking good, John. I see some in there that I'm still looking for.
thxs.
another part, Japan, USA,Sweden, Spain, portuguese EP, various countries...
http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=singles2.jpg