Vinyl pricing varies too much?

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

King Morrison

Vinyl pricing varies too much?

Post by King Morrison »

This thing just came into my mind...i wonder why someone sells Doors album as mono version for 50 bucks, when someone is wanting 200 bucks for it? Is there any real price catalogues for Doors records. I mean i have mono versions 50-200 bucks paid for them. Condition is same VG+

Interesting :)
jamestkirk

Re: Vinyl pricing varies too much?

Post by jamestkirk »

King Morrison wrote:This thing just came into my mind...i wonder why someone sells Doors album as mono version for 50 bucks, when someone is wanting 200 bucks for it? Is there any real price catalogues for Doors records. I mean i have mono versions 50-200 bucks paid for them. Condition is same VG+

Interesting :)
There are good guides, but that's all they are...guides. I recommend "Goldmine Price Guide to Collectible Record Albums"...out-of-print, but easily found at Amazon, etc. A really complete book with some rarities not found in any other book.

As Dan once told me, a record's worth is based solely on what the buyer is willing to pay for it. A $28,000 auction price for a rare copy of the Beatles' Butcher cover is worth that only because someone was willing to pay that for it.

$50-200 is common for mono Doors....getting the lower end price is based on your luck at auction & on whether you have a rabid bidding opponent or not. I have a friend who got it for $1 at a flee market or garage sale.

I found a white label promo of the Burritos "Gilded Palace Of Sin" for $30 at auction that I regularly see for $100+. All LUCK!!

I got a brown label Soft Parade for $15....the cover was shot, but the vinyl was mint. I fortunately had a mint cover with beat vinyl......so I married the two and I had a collectors item! Nice.

Happy hunting AND good luck!!! Keep one eye on ebay and the other on MusicStack or Amazon and ....your third eye on the record bins!...to compare prices....deals are to be had at all!!!

:mrgreen:
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
King Morrison

Post by King Morrison »

Thank you Jamestkirk for an great answering :D

Yeah, i think its like that too...everyone has their own maximum value for certain things.

I need to sink myself into Elektra labels history :mrgreen: