This is what BMA should do

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

antero

Post by antero »

hardrockcafe wrote:
BrysonK wrote:Possible changes to be a more fan-based organization rather than media producing..
Have you heard if Matrix (complete from masters) and Felt Forum boxes are still planned? Is there an internal consensus within the Doors camp on how Matrix was handled?

Does fan-based mean more logo branded merchandise?
I think Bryson was only making his personal stand about this BMA issue...or i'm wrong and he got access to some DMC internal plans?
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

antero wrote:
desertlizard wrote:BMA SHOULD release san diego but not as the matrix fiasco
San Diego 70?
of course
Carnival dog
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

desertlizard wrote:BMA SHOULD release san diego but not as the matrix fiasco
San Diego '70 has got to be one of the worst sounding (quality wise)shows out there.
Last edited by TheDoorsMusic on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

yeah i know i think is the worst right? but the show was badass! hope to see a BETTER DECENT source anytime soon
Carnival dog
BrysonK

Post by BrysonK »

anytimecowboy wrote:could fan based mean, selling directly from the website, small limited editions, downloads that sort of thing
In the future - but not on this new BMA update.

Everyone's talking about Vince's tapes, rarer shows, unheard of concerts, and studio outtakes ... none of that is happening in the short-term future.. Though I don't have direct access to THAT information, I can tell you to not get your hopes up for anything more than the Felt shows, which we've known for a while to be coming out next.

& any info about the Matrix fiasco has been kept very secretive on their end - i suspect their lawyers told them all to keep their mouths shut pending further legal action...
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

FF is next bma release
Carnival dog
antero

Post by antero »

desertlizard wrote:FF is next bma release
really?....not the Matrix Masters or San Diego 70? ...just playing w/u. :wink:

we know for several months or almost a year that the FF 70 shows is the only available material to be released anytime soon.
desertlizard

Post by desertlizard »

now wouldnt that be great? =)
Carnival dog
race records

Post by race records »

How long ago did Mr. Jampol last comment on the BMA release schedule?
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

King Morrison wrote:BMA should release Other Voices and Full Circle, in case they have the masters available somewhere. Its pretty shame, that since they are pumping out those re-masters and re-masters of re-masters, they forgot these albums of Doors history...
Well, they are pretty forgettable. The Doors aren't the first band to ignore embarrassing or subpar projects in the name of protecting their legacy.
lovemygirl
Banned

Post by lovemygirl »

why haven't the doors release their performance from Denmark tv studio performance? they have released the video and a couple of tracks are on the In Concert CD.....i love the WASP from this performance
Mr. Hat

Post by Mr. Hat »

I hear FF was going to be a x-mas release but now with them buying Matrix masters my guess is Matrix will come first pushing back FF once again.
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

i bet that stockholm well be release before the new matrix tapes
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Mr. Hat wrote:I hear FF was going to be a x-mas release but now with them buying Matrix masters my guess is Matrix will come first pushing back FF once again.
If anything is released in 2009, it will be Felt Forum.
mortimerjeep

Post by mortimerjeep »

How about the shows from Mexico City? Do you think they are still out there somewhere? Any thoughts anyone?
hourformagic

Post by hourformagic »

mortimerjeep wrote:How about the shows from Mexico City? Do you think they are still out there somewhere? Any thoughts anyone?
How about telling us a little bit about what it was like seeing the Doors live at the IOW festival?
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

hourformagic wrote:
mortimerjeep wrote:How about the shows from Mexico City? Do you think they are still out there somewhere? Any thoughts anyone?
How about telling us a little bit about what it was like seeing the Doors live at the IOW festival?
+1

I don't mean to push you in any way, but it would be great hearing a report from someone who was there and saw them play live at the Isle of Wight. :D
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

If they still exist, they are apparently deep underground.
Yardbird

Post by Yardbird »

BrysonK wrote:
anytimecowboy wrote:could fan based mean, selling directly from the website, small limited editions, downloads that sort of thing
In the future - but not on this new BMA update.

Everyone's talking about Vince's tapes, rarer shows, unheard of concerts, and studio outtakes ... none of that is happening in the short-term future.. Though I don't have direct access to THAT information, I can tell you to not get your hopes up for anything more than the Felt shows, which we've known for a while to be coming out next.

& any info about the Matrix fiasco has been kept very secretive on their end - i suspect their lawyers told them all to keep their mouths shut pending further legal action...
I would have thought that since The Doors obtained rights to The Matrix Tapes from Mr. Abram that there would be no suit. It seems strange to me that the Doors would be able to publish the music and be sued as well. What part of this mess remains unsettled?
YourWildLove

Post by YourWildLove »

I think Bryson posted that before the tapes had been bought from Mr Abram.
doorman

Post by doorman »

The Royal Sperm wrote:i bet that stockholm well be release before the new matrix tapes
That would be scarey, after butchering the Matrix release, they would move to a Stockholm release, would they just use the best bootleg source they could find?
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

doorman wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote:i bet that stockholm well be release before the new matrix tapes
That would be scarey, after butchering the Matrix release, they would move to a Stockholm release, would they just use the best bootleg source they could find?
from what I read-- Stockholm would not be in the near future, or the long term future at that......

I think Spermy was suggesting that these new Matrix Tapes will take quite a while, so not to expect anything soon....am I tracking Spermy?