Doors Vinyl Bootleg Info

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

aefelds

Doors Vinyl Bootleg Info

Post by aefelds »

I am not familiar with Doors bootlegs. I have a few, but I've done research and really haven't made too much progress in obtaining accurate info on this album
The Doors bootleg Title: The Doors - A Closed Door is Opened.

It says The Wizards on the Vinyl and list a "Fake" Track List. It also has a some inserts. Eli Records. States that it has a pressing of 1000. The track list is listed on the cover (Black & White on Letter Size paper) but they are not in order, and I don't think that it is even accurate.

Anyone shed any light on this?

An Interview with Jim Morrison the Doors Blue Picture Disc. I have seen this within some of these threads and on ebay. What was the pressing on this? When was this released?

PM or comment.

Many thanks
P
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

/a Closed doors is open
Eli Records
Pretty much all the songs are completely dislabeled, the recording is poor mono
Comments : European bootleg whith 16 page booklet.First pressing came in a white album jacket hith a wrap around paper sleeve/ 2nd pressing cme in a clear plastic bag

thats the info i could find on that boot lp ,the other one i dont know
aefelds

Closed Door is Open

Post by aefelds »

lizardkingteo wrote:/a Closed doors is open
Eli Records
Comments : European bootleg whith 16 page booklet.First pressing came in a white album jacket hith a wrap around paper sleeve/ 2nd pressing cme in a clear plastic bag

Thanks for the reply.

What does "dislabeled" mean? The recording is for sure poor. I don't know if its the first Press or 2nd. It has a booklet and an insert with poems by Jim. It is in a white cardboard cover but the nothing wraps around, it just is a letter size paper on the front with info.
lizardkingteo

Re: Closed Door is Open

Post by lizardkingteo »

aefelds wrote:
lizardkingteo wrote:/a Closed doors is open
Eli Records

Thanks for the reply.

What does "dislabeled" mean? The recording is for sure poor. I don't know if its the first Press or 2nd. It has a booklet and an insert with poems by Jim. It is in a white cardboard cover but the nothing wraps around, it just is a letter size paper on the front with info.
oh i am sorry poor english ,i meant mislabeled
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Please post in this thread http://www.thefreedomman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1852 which relates to vinyl bootleg's. Thanks.