Priceless Memorabilia, playing with Robby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

RayMan

Priceless Memorabilia, playing with Robby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by RayMan »

Robby showed up tonight at Peace Frog's gig in Venice CA and played about 40 minutes worth of music, including Light My Fire. As a keyboardist who first picked up the book in 81 and the first album, to get to play with Robby ( I already did for a few minutes four years ago) finally for real was something I will never forget. Should have pics soon. I have a couple on my phone but I still have to figure out how to hook it up to my computer, can't find the Bluetooth connection on my XP.

John
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Looking forward to those pic's, RayMan!
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

Damn.
Did he walk over during the solos for LMF?
Crown Royal

Re: Priceless Memorabilia, playing with Robby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Crown Royal »

RayMan wrote:Should have pics soon. I have a couple on my phone but I still have to figure out how to hook it up to my computer, can't find the Bluetooth connection on my XP.

John
Email them through your phone.
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Great story John, thanks. 8)

I've got to get to the Venice Bistro and check out PF one of these Sundays. Last night should have been the night I guess, lol.

Dan
RayMan

Post by RayMan »

jim4371 wrote:Damn.
Did he walk over during the solos for LMF?
No, but hearing him do those jazz rythm parts while I soloed was incredible. I haven't heard anybody else do that yet.

JH
Last edited by RayMan on Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayMan

Post by RayMan »

Here's some photos of the great event, and I'm not in them....darn!!!!!!!!!

http://www.panosfotografia.com/doors.html

I always spend our break in my car preparing for the second set listening to the tunes, eating and getting ready so that's why I'm not in the group shot. This sucks!!!! I was told that Robby was telling my band mates some cool stories about where many of the songs were written and early life in Venice. The place was nearly empty for the first set and was packed during the second (which is normal) and simply exploded when Robby sat in. He watched part of the second set from the balcony right above me and I kept exchanging smiles with him and gave me a thumbs up after Riders On The Storm. He said "no pressure" but you know damn well this was a million pounds of pressure on me. While watching us he also seemed pretty interested in the acoustic parts of Spanish Caravan I was recreating on my keyboard with a guitar patch, (after the intro when the band starts) our guitar player plays the chords while I play those licks. A great night.

John
J.B.Marx

Post by J.B.Marx »

Nice pictures.
I can only imagine how you feel.
Awesome!
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

I see your link made it to Ida's site, John. http://www.idafan.com

I met Ida at the doors 40th anniversary fest. in L.A. along with some other members of this board and she's a very nice lady. She may even be reading this board, who knows. Image
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:I see your link made it to Ida's site, John. http://www.idafan.com

I met Ida at the doors 40th anniversary fest. in L.A. along with some other members of this board and she's a very nice lady. She may even be reading this board, who knows. Image
I remember that..
She didn't shake my hand.
It was bizarre. :?