Photo of Jim, Frank Lisciandro, John Haeny and...........

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Stuart

Photo of Jim, Frank Lisciandro, John Haeny and...........

Post by Stuart »

Kathy Lisciandro?, I think it is, vince, could you please confirm/deny if it is her or not?.-

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e393/ ... 11xpPB.jpg
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Is this pic in the French Edition Of "An Hour For Magic"?.
mikesline

Post by mikesline »

a long time ago on knac-fm (heavy metal)station in long beach,california
frank was promoting his book (purple cover) on radio kat house with rikki
ractman and i got thru and asked frank some questions and made them all
laugh when they asked me "why are you such a big doors fan" while listing to a heavy metal station -i said "its all about the originators not the imitators"
they all laughed and got a kick out of that response,
i would love to see franks photos he was with jim all threw the ucla-71
not many people can say that.
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

frank could not have take pics of morrison until april '68....wasen't so close to morrison during pre the doors era,and he should not have taken pics of morrison during pre the doors era.. or he said something about..
there are also one pics taken from shrine on his book but could be not frank pics.the man that spend more time with morrison during pre e post era is manzalek and company.
StrangeNightOfStone

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

Here is the picture...
This was 1970, I beleive that is indeed Frank lisciandro...

"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
StrangeNightOfStone

Jim's beard and hair puts him in '70...
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

StrangeNightOfStone wrote:Jim's beard and hair puts him in '70...
December 8, 1970 to be exact. Jim's birthday. This was taken after he had finished recording his marathon poetry session in the studio. "Let's get a taco."
rokritr

Post by rokritr »

manuel08 wrote:frank could not have take pics of morrison until april '68....wasen't so close to morrison during pre the doors era,and he should not have taken pics of morrison during pre the doors era.. or he said something about..
there are also one pics taken from shrine on his book but could be not frank pics.the man that spend more time with morrison during pre e post era is manzalek and company.
While Frank wasn't close friends with Jim during the UCLA days and the early days of the Doors, he was very close with Ray at that time. In fact, he was at the Doors very first gig on the Sunset Strip at the London Fog and a lot after that.

Frank took pics prior to 1968.....in fact, he did shoot photos at the Shrine in 1967, which was the first time he saw the band perform again after he and Kathy returned from a year in Africa with the Peace Corps.
rokritr

Post by rokritr »

StrangeNightOfStone wrote:Here is the picture...

Yes, as Porsche mentioned, this photo was from Jim's 27th Birthday Celebration on Dec. 8, 1970......and was shot during a break from the famous birthday poetry reading at the Lucky U....a favorite diner of Jim's from his UCLA days.

Pictured are Kathy Lisciandro, John Haeny, Jim, and Frank....

In Frank's book, "An Hour For Magic," there are other photos from this dining excursion, including Jim with the other birthday participant (the knockout beauty) Florentine Pabst.
MysticHeatedWine

Post by MysticHeatedWine »

Don't think I had seen that pic before. Nice. Thanks. :D
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
Jim Morrison, Los Angeles, 1968
MistyJm

Post by MistyJm »

rokritr wrote:
manuel08 wrote:frank could not have take pics of morrison until april '68....wasen't so close to morrison during pre the doors era,and he should not have taken pics of morrison during pre the doors era.. or he said something about..
While Frank wasn't close friends with Jim during the UCLA days and the early days of the Doors, he was very close with Ray at that time. In fact, he was at the Doors very first gig on the Sunset Strip at the London Fog and a lot after that.

Frank took pics prior to 1968.....in fact, he did shoot photos at the Shrine in 1967, which was the first time he saw the band perform again after he and Kathy returned from a year in Africa with the Peace Corps.
Thanks for that info rokritr.
I still love the interview you did with Frank. Haven't read it in a while.
I will search for it and read again.
StrangeNightOfStone

rokritr wrote:
StrangeNightOfStone wrote:Here is the picture...

Yes, as Porsche mentioned, this photo was from Jim's 27th Birthday Celebration on Dec. 8, 1970......and was shot during a break from the famous birthday poetry reading at the Lucky U....a favorite diner of Jim's from his UCLA days.

Pictured are Kathy Lisciandro, John Haeny, Jim, and Frank....

In Frank's book, "An Hour For Magic," there are other photos from this dining excursion, including Jim with the other birthday participant (the knockout beauty) Florentine Pabst.
Is the Lucky U still around?