Vince!- Write a book!

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Hamlet

Vince!- Write a book!

Post by Hamlet »

You know, reading about The Doors in oh so many books, I must say you come across like a man, who is loyal to The Doors and one that really knows his stuff, repairing Krieger´s amp in the dark and setting up the sound in Hollywood Bowl and MSG.

Your encounter with the police brutality that faced Morrison in New Haven, first time you saw The Doors plus the fact you are a trained organbuilder and worked with them solidly thereafter, always made me wonder why you don´t write a book.

So many books have been written by outsiders. You are an insider and you know the technical stuff, as well.

This would make it a fascinating read!
We`s just joy-ridin'
vince

Post by vince »

Hamlet. That is an interesting monika.

About a book. I have been encouraged by more than one to write a book about the doors. I have done some work on it during a long idle period.

If the Book is completed and if someone wants to publish it, the book would be about the Doors and my experiences with them. I have not made any attempt to discuss the fine points of performances and little about recording sessions. There are several reasons but the main one is memory.

It has been a long time since all of that happened. I want to be both accurate and objective in my commentary.. The producer of this Forum has posted some sections of the book already and I would suggest oyu can view that. Possibly you already did.

I am a pretty blunt person. It often get me in trouble. But my commentary about the group, the people around it, and the events of that time are, as far as I can, from an objective rather than subjective point of view.

I realize that when I am writing about those 4 guys and my life with them, I am putting information before the public and they will take it as truth.

I do want all the people on this forum to know that Ray, John and Robbie have my greatest respect and admiration for their talent and the amazing merger of these three dispositions and personalities and skill that came to be the Musical aspect of that group.

It is interesting to note, and I think this is unusual, parhaps unique - We never argued or had any unpleasant encournter. I must say that the 4 years and few months spent with the boys was a most wonderful and gratifying experience.

From Organ builder I came and thence do I return. Two years ago we completed the construction of the largest church organ in all of Asia.

I hope all of you appreciate the opportunity the Ed has provided to meet and discuss things Doors. Thanks from me for your interest.

Vince Treanor III
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors