Big Lebowski

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

mystery_train67

Big Lebowski

Post by mystery_train67 »

I know a couple of guys around here are into Lebowski as much as I am.... but I'm curious, how many more Doors fans dug it?

Dylans "The Man In Me" is the centrepiece of the films soundtrack and in my opinion one of the best songs EVER written and recorded..... it comes in at the tail end of his New Morning album, but stands out as a well produced well written gem of a song.

That scene where the Dude picks up his car from the lot where it was impounded and the cop tells him they've put more detectives on the case to find out who took his car... classic.... "leeedzzzz"
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

lol only seen it once but loved it.
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
mystery_train67

oh man, buy the dvd and watch it on repeat. it has got to be the best film ever made. funnily enough, women don't seem to love it. maybe its a guy thing?
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

mystery_train67 wrote:oh man, buy the dvd and watch it on repeat. it has got to be the best film ever made. funnily enough, women don't seem to love it. maybe its a guy thing?
might just do that.

My fav scene is where they are spreading the ashes. Couldn't stop laughing... what a sicko I am!

mystery_train67

nah man, that scene was prettttty funny. actually, just before that when walter and the dude are arguing about the price of the earn to put donny in, thats pretty funny too.... because they end up scattering him from a can they obviously scored from the supermarket.

thing about the lebowski is its the little things you begin to notice after multiple viewings which make it transcend greatness, and enter into the realm of 'fucking genius'.
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

mystery_train67 wrote:nah man, that scene was prettttty funny. actually, just before that when walter and the dude are arguing about the price of the earn to put donny in, thats pretty funny too.... because they end up scattering him from a can they obviously scored from the supermarket.

thing about the lebowski is its the little things you begin to notice after multiple viewings which make it transcend greatness, and enter into the realm of 'fucking genius'.
lol yeah poor Donny!

MysticHeatedWine

Post by MysticHeatedWine »

One of the greatest films ever. Among many things it's worth it just for John Turturro as the Jesus. I just played in a chess tournament in Greenwich Village this past weekend and there's a store a few blocks away which I've checked out a few times in the past (it's on the same street as one of the record stores I frequent when in the Village) that's totally devoted just to Lebowski. It has clothing and various items related to the movie. Check it out if you're ever in the area. It's called "The Lost World" and is located on Thompson Street. The guy who owns the place wears a robe all day LOL. Great stuff. :)

"You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me."
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
Jim Morrison, Los Angeles, 1968
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

me and Liam, we're gonna fuck you up..
mystery_train67

thats just, like, your opinion man
MysticHeatedWine

This aggression won't stand, man.
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
violentblossom

Post by violentblossom »

Awwww, I love this movie. The dude. <3
"The eyes that actually saw the light melted out of sheer ecstasy. For one instant, everybody was the same color. It made angels out of everybody.?
mystery_train67

yep. pure cohen bro's genius. they have just put out another one with jeff bridges, their first with him since lebowski, called true grit. i wonder if its any good??
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Just downloaded the video but haven't had a chance to watch
it yet....so I see it comes highly recommended here!

I'll watch it when I have time to enjoy it...first time!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
MysticHeatedWine

I was just in that store again the other day to buy a "The Dude Abides" sweatshirt. It's a cool place. :)