Elektra

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Elektra

Post by The Freedom Man »

I was listening to an Elektra artists compilation the other day.I thought the other artists besides LOVE sounded so much different then the music of LOVE, besides maybe the first album.
Did you guys feel comfortable with the label, or were you realizing that because of LOVE came to Elektra it changed the label so there was a win win situation for both sides?
Also offcourse when The Doors were signed, it changed Elektra even more.
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Do you think the live sound could have been captured on vinyl, or would it have been a live recording?
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

You mentioned the earlier Gold Star studio sessions, produced by Jerry Hopkins. Were those tracks completed to the extent that they could have been used by Elektra? Was there any way that could have been worked out?
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Did Elektra have promotional posters made for the debut album, "Da Capo" and/or "Forever Changes"? I don't think I've ever seen one for any of those albums. They were produced for most or all of The Doors' albums, with the first two being concert poster "blanks" with space for venue information.
Johnny Echols

Post by Johnny Echols »

BallroomDays67 wrote:Did Elektra have promotional posters made for the debut album, "Da Capo" and/or "Forever Changes"? I don't think I've ever seen one for any of those albums. They were produced for most or all of The Doors' albums, with the first two being concert poster "blanks" with space for venue information.
They did display some promo posters for the first album, when we played in Dallas. Elektra may have produced others, that I never saw, though I'm inclined to doubt It. Our first album was done on a shoestring budget. Most of the promotional activity for that album, was strictly word of mouth. By the time they released Forever Changes, there was far more money in the coffers, so they made a fairly decent effort with [it.] JE.
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

A friend of mine has an elektra poster from Forever Changes.He discovered it in the uk years ago and was surprised to see one since he thought they weren't made.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Nice! Do you know if it's a concert blank?
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

He told me it was a cardboard poster that hang or stand in a recordshop when FC was released.

My friend, Peter, was a friend of Arthur and when Arthur played here in Holland in the 90's , Peter showed him the poster at his home.Arthur was very amazed to see it as he didn't know these posters were made.
One day when I visit my friend I'll make a pic of it.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Cool story. Thanks, I look forward to seeing it.