Bruce Botnick

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jim4371

Bruce Botnick

Post by jim4371 »

So we've got a pretty good idea about how you guys feel about Jac Holzman now.. what about Bruce Botnick? Any stories or opinions?
Johnny Echols

Re: Bruce Botnick

Post by Johnny Echols »

jim4371 wrote:So we've got a pretty good idea about how you guys feel about Jac Holzman now.. what about Bruce Botnick? Any stories or opinions?

If I had to choose between them, My feelings for Jac are all warm and fuzzy. All of us had definite idea's about the way things should sound. Bruce was rather "old school" a purist, who wanted the sound to be clean, and undistorted. No experimenting. If we wanted distortion, or effects, he'd say "let's do it during mixdown!" I never trusted anyone's ability to create [my] sound after the fact. I needed to hear it live in the studio, so I could tweak it. Which left Botnick, and I continually at loggerheads. Arthur had some rather choice observations about the subject in his book, but the lawyers would have none of it. Too bad, it would have been quite informative! JE.
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

damned lawyers :x

Anyway, yeah.. these days, he's addicted to reverb. Other than that I've heard nothing bad about him.