Robert Plant LoVE

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jamestkirk

Robert Plant LoVE

Post by jamestkirk »

Robert has always been a huge fan and follower of Love -- his long set for Arthur's Benefit in 2006 is an enjoyable video. He speaks fondly of being inspired by LovE from his early days onward. The songs that Johnny and Michael sit in for during the Benefit are the real treat for me.

I always hope for a commercial release of the Benefit. Though there is not much chance of that, a limited-edition release would sell out quickly I would think. Any talk of that.... Johnny or Michael?

Have you hung with Robert over the years or jammed together any other time?
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Johnny Echols

Post by Johnny Echols »

Robert Plant has always been totally cool to us, I was really touched at how he stepped up for Arthur, the Man is definitely impressive. On a personal note, when we played in New York, he thought I was being dissed by having to share a dressing room. So he reamed his manager and everyone at the venue, until I was given my own VIP spot, with a personal masseuse. Robert's alright with me!