Emotions/Lonely Guitar

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

TJSAbass

Emotions/Lonely Guitar

Post by TJSAbass »

Johnny, it sounds like there are 2 guitars on this song. Did you play all the guitar tracks? And who was the drummer?
jamestkirk

Re: Emotions/Lonely Guitar

Post by jamestkirk »

TJSAbass wrote:Johnny, it sounds like there are 2 guitars on this song. Did you play all the guitar tracks? And who was the drummer?
Here it is for you all to hear....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja6EG_zfIr4
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Johnny Echols

Re: Emotions/Lonely Guitar

Post by Johnny Echols »

TJSAbass wrote:Johnny, it sounds like there are 2 guitars on this song. Did you play all the guitar tracks? And who was the drummer?
I played both guitar parts, and Alban Phisterer was on drums. JE.
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

You had mentioned that Jac Holzman changed the name because he felt that it sounded too similar to Herb Alpert's "Lonely Bull." Is there any story behind the choice of "Emotions" as the new song title?
Johnny Echols

Post by Johnny Echols »

BallroomDays67 wrote:You had mentioned that Jac Holzman changed the name because he felt that it sounded too similar to Herb Alpert's "Lonely Bull." Is there any story behind the choice of "Emotions" as the new song title?
It was either Herb Cohen at Third Story Music, (who was acting as administrator for our publishing) or Jac who came up with that name. I can't recall if I ever knew who actually made the decision, though I blamed Jac. Since he was the only one of the two, who was arrogant enough to make such a move entirely on his own. I always felt Emotions, was such a lame name. I would have been happier, if they had called it "Theme from Elektra Knows Best."
TJSAbass

Post by TJSAbass »

I read somewhere, but can't recall where, that Arthur's drumming is heard on at least 1 or 2 of the songs on the 1st album. Is that accurate, or just another fanciful myth?
Johnny Echols

Post by Johnny Echols »

TJSAbass wrote:I read somewhere, but can't recall where, that Arthur's drumming is heard on at least 1 or 2 of the songs on the 1st album. Is that accurate, or just another fanciful myth?
I think that's Arthur on Can't explain, though I'm not one hundred percent certain. He may have also played on another song. I can't recall :?: