Backstage Auctions

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

somedaysoon70

Backstage Auctions

Post by somedaysoon70 »

What do people think of The Doors section on Backstageauctions.com?
the stuff on there is a little pricey but a couple of posters i havn't seen before
nice to look at none the less :)
universalmind69

Post by universalmind69 »

doesn't really look all that bad....the UK '68 tour poster is bogus, might want to stay clear of those "awards" as well=crap
none of it is rare...the FE handbill and the MM poster is ok, not considering prices at all..
somedaysoon70

Post by somedaysoon70 »

yeh the fillmore east handbill didn't look too bad actually, what price range do they usually go for?
universalmind69

I have never really been a strict follower of "market prices", but I do have a NM-M one of those and I think I paid something like $350 for it....a seller had 2 in NM condition, I missed out on the auction so I bought the other one he had for the same price right after.
They seem to pop up a little more often these days though..

The one on that site is a pretty worn out one with missing corners and multiple staple holes....already framed it's not a bad price (don't know if it's archival though), but then again it's one of the more worn copies I have seen...
Besides not caring all that much about the regular going prices I've also never been much into the "mint" scene, meaning being into collecting material that looks like it's fresh out of the printers...
I actually prefer some honest signs of wear on paper memorabilia that's 40+ years old, I especially hate things like "mint" condition BG and FD items... they've got no history in them for me, being overly businessminded when it comes to collecting something you're passionate about is just not my style.

Thats just me though, I'm really more into the feeling that you get when looking at a worn and yellowed Doors rarity hanging on your wall...all crimpled and torn..oh, the stories they could tell :D
universalmind69

Here's a link http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/27505 It's not fully representative though, as they base this on merely 3 separately sold copies.
There was never any posters for these shows though so this is as close as you'll get to something like that.

Anyway, I know there's other people on here that follows these things a bit more dilligently than I do...
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

If you don't need a pre-concert original, Wolfgang's Vault produced two limited edition posters using the image from the postcard. The "1st printing" is currently on sale for $48, and the larger "2nd printing" is only $24. I don't have one, but it looks pretty nice on the website.
somedaysoon70

Post by somedaysoon70 »

Thanks for the info guys, i saw one the other day on ebay for US$250 so i think that would be kind of the standard they're going for these days.

but i do like the signs of wear as it shows a bit of history to it, like you said universalmind
I mainly collect postcards for shows here and there so i'll keep my eye on the less expensive stuff for a while i think. :D
somedaysoon70

Post by somedaysoon70 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/9-Doors-Jim-Morriso ... 500wt_1156

just saw this on ebay

have they been seen before? the seller asking a lot so i assume not
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

the seller is a member here , the asking price imo is a fair price considering he is including the copyrights .
Buda

Post by Buda »

I guess it is from the April 30 sets not from the following ones on May 30. Am I right?
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk