a new doors release ???

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

anytimecowboy

a new doors release ???

Post by anytimecowboy »

'I've seen the future brother, it is murder'...
'whole new strange catacombs of wisdom

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

Another valid release

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
john christopher

Post by john christopher »

anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

I see thanks

StrangeNightOfStone

Re: a new doors release ???

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

anytimecowboy wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Collection-Doors/ ... 812&sr=1-5

six studio albums box set

If they tack on 'Paris Blues', I'll get it, and add it to my other dozen Doors boxsets
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

It's beyond the point of ridiculousness. How many times can you repackage the same albums? Remember a few years ago when Jeff said NO more box sets? He also said the 40th anniv mixes would be IT. Hoffman isn't going to remix them again, he already did that with the DCC discs. It's sad that Jeff knows fans will buy things they have already just because it's repackaged or has a couple of rare photos. No way Paris Blues would be on this set, we're not even getting it on the super duper limited deluxe LAW.
I like how Jeff says the label won't allow them to release more than x number of releases per year. Maybe they should take a lesson in what the Hendrix estate has been doing. I can't believe the studio albums are getting released BEFORE unheard material.
AK

Post by AK »

wha happened wrote:It's beyond the point of ridiculousness. How many times can you repackage the same albums? Remember a few years ago when Jeff said NO more box sets? He also said the 40th anniv mixes would be IT. Hoffman isn't going to remix them again, he already did that with the DCC discs. It's sad that Jeff knows fans will buy things they have already just because it's repackaged or has a couple of rare photos. No way Paris Blues would be on this set, we're not even getting it on the super duper limited deluxe LAW.
I like how Jeff says the label won't allow them to release more than x number of releases per year. Maybe they should take a lesson in what the Hendrix estate has been doing. I can't believe the studio albums are getting released BEFORE unheard material.
I absolutely remember this.

Hell, he was even planning it before the 40th anniversary mixes. I remember asking him about all the redundancy and confusion of the discography right after the LEGACY 2 disc set was discontinued and replaced with something else. He definitely said the plan was to have 2 Best Ofs (a single and a 2 disc) and then the 6 album box set. That was supposed to be it and he acknowledged that things were messy with the various compilations and box sets.

And yeah, after that he said the 40th mixes would be the lone set of albums for future generations to buy (it's a good thing he went back on this one though..)
TJSAbass

Post by TJSAbass »

I am very new to these discussions, but I wonder why a band of this stature would be satisfied with a person who seems so disorganized running their operation? Surely they can find someone else??? Or do they want it like this, conflicting statements and a general air of confusion over everything? Especially when it comes to someone who apparently has the power to decide which version of your material will be available for future generations. I remember first hearing amazing stuff, like "The Crystal Ship", how blown away I was. I would hate to see that experience be ruined or compromised for some future listener by a second-rate mix being the only one available.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

TJSAbass wrote:I am very new to these discussions, but I wonder why a band of this stature would be satisfied with a person who seems so disorganized running their operation? Surely they can find someone else??? Or do they want it like this, conflicting statements and a general air of confusion over everything? Especially when it comes to someone who apparently has the power to decide which version of your material will be available for future generations. I remember first hearing amazing stuff, like "The Crystal Ship", how blown away I was. I would hate to see that experience be ruined or compromised for some future listener by a second-rate mix being the only one available.
And there is such a wealth of quality material to give DOORS fans, so why the retreads?! (set it free!)....unlike what we have with our LoVE, so little material for us to look forward to!

- aka lemonade kid
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley