Paris Gude For Jim Morrison Fans

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Stuart

Paris Gude For Jim Morrison Fans

Post by Stuart »

Vince, Im curious to hear your thoughts on this.....

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Pa ... mparis.htm
vince

Post by vince »

1 - Leon Bernard WAS NOT the Doors financial manager. that information is wrong at least and a lie at worst.

I do not know who brought that idea forth but it is pure crap. Robert Greene of the Financial management firm of Johnson and Harband was the financial manager for the Doors collectively and individually.

Rick was a band boy and intimate "friend" of Leon Bernard's. Both Leon and Rock went to Paris at Jim's expense. I know this for fact based on conversations with Rick himself. It could be that my perceptions of this conversation were distorted by my failure to use drugs but I heard what I heard and, as a functional professional organ tuner, I think my hearing is not so distorted.

Second, the article was interesting. It appears to be well documented
and researched. However, my perception of the article and the writers perception of what he saw and heard may well have been distorted by the use, or lack thereof, of drugs. So I have to take it all with some skepticism. Was can never trust conclusions made as a result of distorted perceptions. Right Jym???

:wink:

I think it would be good if the writer of that article was to correct his distortions of the truth so that Mr. Bernard will not be glorified for being, and doing, what, in fact, never happened. He was the fan club "Secretary" and was eventually dismissed for some questionable activities. Financial manager - Boy if you want a fine exapmple of distortions, try that one on for size. That is ablatant lie unsupported by any fact or shred of imagination except perhaps the absolutely glory seeking claims of Leon Bernard himself. I do not accuse Leon of perpetrating this fraud. But I note nothing has been done to correct it.

But asied from the distortions of truth, if not perceptions, the article seems quite well done.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Thanks For Responding Vince.

Here is another Article you may find Interesting-

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Pa ... ietday.htm