Michael-Were you at the Nov. 7 1969 reunion?

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jamestkirk

Michael-Were you at the Nov. 7 1969 reunion?

Post by jamestkirk »

In Underture's new subject, This Week Love history, the ill-fated reunion is recounted.

I don't have your book or Einarson's book at hand, so please tell me--

...what do you remember about the experience?
Last edited by jamestkirk on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
silentseason

Post by silentseason »

Michael,

Piggy back another Santa Monica Civic Auditorium concert question. The one where the power went out in the middle of the concert and Arthur gave a loud expletive in response (December 9, 1966).

Was wondering if you recall that incident and if you had any memories of it? Also, do you remember if Tjay and Snoopy were still in the band at that time? Lastly, the bill for that show was awesome: LoVE, The Seeds, The Turtles, The Count Five, The Standells and (maybe?) Gene Clark. Any recollections of this collection of talent all being together on one stage for one night? Maybe one of the best bills that LoVE was ever part of.
You set the scene