Is the Matrix the purest DOORS recording & performance?

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

jamestkirk

Is the Matrix the purest DOORS recording & performance?

Post by jamestkirk »

I have to say it's my favorite set of tapes from the DOORS from any time during their short life.

Maybe it's the intimate setting, the fact that it was recorded before the DOORS had made it big. That alone makes it my favorite, the purest DOORS performance...no loss of innocence yet, no jaded Jim, no over acting or drunk slurred nights...just some nice DOORS, playing what they do best...performing the music they love.

Listening to "I'm A KIng Bee", and I hear so many influences from the early days of Robert Johnson to the Stones..pure and simple...that's what i like.

So just give us the best complete Matrix S/B recordings, first generation, HQ pressing possible and I will be happy. No more complaining.

MATRIX rules!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Encuentro

Post by Encuentro »

I never bought the bootleg recordings of these shows for the sole reason that it's been due to be officially released for quite some time now. Here's to hoping that the Year of The Doors is the year that it is finally released!
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Bootleg 4 CD set (if this is a no-no, please remove)...approx. 400 MB of mp3's

A few d/ls of the four CD bootleg here to choose from...if there are better out there (flacs), please share.

http://filecrop.com/search.php?w=doors+ ... engine_h=1

The d/l's from fdf provide artwork and separate m3u files which can be better than mp3's.

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
djonez

Post by djonez »

Really looking forward to hearing the masters that the doors bought. The samples sounded spectacular. Better sounding versions than the KTS version have been torrented on dime or easy tree a few years ago. Lost those myself in a HD crash alas.

First version heard was autumn live, probably bought that in 90/91, which sounded awful. The swinging pig version was a bit better and the kts version a lot better.

Love the history and atmosphere of the recordings, the doors in their prime.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Now that the LA Woman 40th is fizzling out, maybe there is a better chance of seeing the Matrix Masters released?!! Fingers crossed for sooner than later! Or the London Fog? Any chance?

The boot I linked above is pretty poor quality (an Italian release it seems). For now I listen to the official two CD issue from a couple years back.

-Aldous Huxley
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

jamestkirk wrote:Now that the LA Woman 40th is fizzling out, maybe there is a better chance of seeing the Matrix Masters released?!! Fingers crossed for sooner than later! Or the London Fog? Any chance?

The boot I linked above is pretty poor quality (an Italian release it seems). For now I listen to the official two CD issue from a couple years back.
You know James, I've been kinda avoiding to listen to Matrix so that the (good) official release will made greater impact :) I hope I will have no time to forgot it... :mrgreen:
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Silver Forest wrote:
jamestkirk wrote:Now that the LA Woman 40th is fizzling out, maybe there is a better chance of seeing the Matrix Masters released?!! Fingers crossed for sooner than later! Or the London Fog? Any chance?

You know James, I've been kinda avoiding to listen to Matrix so that the (good) official release will made greater impact :) I hope I will have no time to forgot it... :mrgreen:
Me too, SF, but I gave up and started listening to the 2 CD release and don't regret it at all...it is just such a fine innocent time for the DOORS. I really enjoy it.

Much of the later live material is just too painful, as it seems to me, they many times lost their way, becoming cartoon images of themselves (Jim especially)...at least onstage.

-Aldous Huxley
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

jamestkirk wrote:
Silver Forest wrote:

Me too, SF, but I gave up and started listening to the 2 CD release and don't regret it at all...it is just such a fine innocent time for the DOORS. I really enjoy it.

Much of the later live material is just too painful, as it seems to me, they many times lost their way, becoming cartoon images of themselves (Jim especially)...at least onstage.
Agree :) That's one of the reasons I'm anxious to listen to the London Fog. It has to be also intimist, probably the band was not as tight and they were developing their style but I'm expecting a mixture of energy and innocence. I hope they will do it right this time.