FC...words from Michael Stuart-Ware/YouSetTheScene

LOVE was another great band from the 60's and of course VERY Doors related.
I think it would be great to have this special topic about the band who was such a big example for The Doors.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jamestkirk

FC...words from Michael Stuart-Ware/YouSetTheScene

Post by jamestkirk »

"You Set The Scene"...I was so impressed by Michael & Kenny as the anchor and rhythm section of that album coda.

So I asked Michael today if I could post his concise answer---I had asked Michael how he and Kenny got to that place of perfection for FC.
Most we already know from bits and pieces of PC and FC bios, but this is a complete perfect answer.

Great to hear from you.

Arthur and Bryan simply played their songs for the other members of the group up at Arthur's house in the canyon and we worked out our parts individually during rehearsals, with no input whatsoever from any of the other members that I can recall. The problem was, we really didn't rehearse the material enough as a group before going into the studio at Sunset Sound the first time, and to make matters worse, we were completely out of practice from not having played any live dates for months.

We came back in the second time around a month later, after having practiced our parts at home individually, (but with no further rehearsal time as a group) and were able to get the job done.

I'm happy beyond words that people still find enjoyment in listening to Forever Changes. As you know, Arthur and Bryan were profoundly gifted singers, songwriters and musicians, and the product of their hard work and inspiration is evident in the longevity and timelessness of the album.

Take care my friend, Michael

...so I'm back for another listen right now. And yes, Michael, you "got the job done!" Talk about understatement!

cheers to all here
lk

If your copy isn't handy, here is a listen now...DAMN good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdELzBV9pyo
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
silentseason

Post by silentseason »

jtk,

Thanks for sharing the words from Michael. It always surprises me that FC was able to come together as seperate entities working on their own initially, then finally blending together when needed. You would think that they would have had to really rehearse as a full band to get the sounds in synch. I guess there was some sort of musical inner ear between the members that made it all possible. FC is almost Sphinx-like in that it has sooo many hidden angles and unspoken mysteries about it.

Cheers.
You set the scene
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

silentseason wrote:jtk,

Thanks for sharing the words from Michael. It always surprises me that FC was able to come together as seperate entities working on their own initially, then finally blending together when needed. You would think that they would have had to really rehearse as a full band to get the sounds in synch. I guess there was some sort of musical inner ear between the members that made it all possible. FC is almost Sphinx-like in that it has sooo many hidden angles and unspoken mysteries about it.

Cheers.
Yer welcome, SS.

You are right...every new listen to Forever Changes is fresh and new, revealing another heretofore "unseen" layer.

Just maybe FC is the quintessential & TIMELESS, Album Of All Time.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley