Did anyone get the 44th Anniversary Blue Ray Hollywood Bowl?

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

door71

Did anyone get the 44th Anniversary Blue Ray Hollywood Bowl?

Post by door71 »

Oh....I guess they forgot that one too.
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

You didn't expect that in the year of the Doors did you? :P
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
door71

Post by door71 »

It's been such a great year.
davis

Post by davis »

No, but I did get the complete Doors @ IOW and the complete concert vid of The Singer Bowl show from Aug 68.

I wish
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

not yet, i spent all my money in the Fillmore Box Set! is unbelievable! i can listen it with overdubs without overdubs, vocal only!

the best release so far!
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
Encuentro

Post by Encuentro »

I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm still rockin' out to my 5 disc L.A. Woman box set.
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

door71 wrote:It's been such a great year.
It sure is. I'm still rocking out to my compilation of tuning tracks.

davis

Post by davis »

The Royal Sperm wrote: the Fillmore Box Set! i
What?! WHAT Fillmore Box Set?
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

davis wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote: the Fillmore Box Set! i
What?! WHAT Fillmore Box Set?
It came out just before the Whisky dvd.

jokes obviously. :)

davis

Post by davis »

Ah, okay. I didn't realize it was the same thread as there I joked about the IOW and Singer Bowl. that's a relief. :lol:
antero

Post by antero »

c'mon guys take the sarcastic away for a minute since recently every other FM thread is being filled in this way, I got the point with the frustrating awaiting time for releases but my checking of this board is starting to become a tedious find of mostly sarcastic posts and not useful Doors related info.

btw its BLU RAY not BLUE....he!
universalmind69

Post by universalmind69 »

"mark topics as read"

I really do see your point, but... simple as

What would Doors-fandom be without a jaded attitude and embittered sarcasm these days anyway... :lol:
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

too busy reading the ultimate collected writings of jim morrison =)
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

universalmind69 wrote:"mark topics as read"

I really do see your point, but... simple as

What would Doors-fandom be without a jaded attitude and embittered sarcasm these days anyway... :lol:
Exactly. I really wish there were 20 new threads discussing our favorite tracks on the LAW deluxe set or how much better the quality is on the HB remaster or our thoughts on the London Fog tape or how much better the Matrix sounds. I think some of the sarcasm is hilarious. Direct your frustrations towards Jamhole.
davis

Post by davis »

wha happened wrote: Jamhole.
:twisted: :D
door71

Post by door71 »

Blu...............anyway. :/

Was there really enough LAW material to fill 5 disc?
I've listened to the alt versions and wasn't really "BLOWN" away with it.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

I have a theory:

1 - JJ knows we're all stickers addicted. =)

2 - JJ do care about us :D

3 - JJ is having trouble in choosing the sticker for the ducks. :?

4 - the ducks are all in a row... but they lack the stickers :(

5 - so, we're waiting for the ducks... :/

Keep the faith!
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

antero wrote:c'mon guys take the sarcastic away for a minute since recently every other FM thread is being filled in this way, I got the point with the frustrating awaiting time for releases but my checking of this board is starting to become a tedious find of mostly sarcastic posts and not useful Doors related info.
I appreciate what you're saying, but I blame the way management has been handling things lately than I do the fans for complaining. We need a place to vent and joke. It helps blow off steam when we don't get any answers.

But there have been plenty of topics that don't have any snarky comments about the botched Year Of The Doors. We've had recent threads about the best Doors biographies, fan art, Jampol's comments about Jim in 3D, a potential new '66 concert date, the Sunset Strip Music Festival, and Fillmore East photos showing a film camera in the crowd.

Definitely a better crop to choose from than the things I see at the LL, where the most recent thread is about someone hearing the uncensored version of BOT for the first time. But any forum is only as good as its contributors. Anyone's welcome to add to a discussion, start a new thread, or ask a question if they don't feel like threads are covering an interesting topic. We need more people posting and generating new topics. (Lurkers, I'm talking to you!)
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Porsche wrote:
antero wrote:c'mon guys take the sarcastic away for a minute since recently every other FM thread is being filled in this way, I got the point with the frustrating awaiting time for releases but my checking of this board is starting to become a tedious find of mostly sarcastic posts and not useful Doors related info.
I appreciate what you're saying, but I blame the way management has been handling things lately than I do the fans for complaining. We need a place to vent and joke. It helps blow off steam when we don't get any answers.

But there have been plenty of topics that don't have any snarky comments about the botched Year Of The Doors. We've had recent threads about the best Doors biographies, fan art, Jampol's comments about Jim in 3D, a potential new '66 concert date, the Sunset Strip Music Festival, and Fillmore East photos showing a film camera in the crowd.

Definitely a better crop to choose from than the things I see at the LL, where the most recent thread is about someone hearing the uncensored version of BOT for the first time. But any forum is only as good as its contributors. Anyone's welcome to add to a discussion, start a new thread, or ask a question if they don't feel like threads are covering an interesting topic. We need more people posting and generating new topics. (Lurkers, I'm talking to you!)
Len, can you provide the link for this discussion? That's some exciting possibility. Thanks in advance :) That would be a great new topic :wink:

And by the way, I'm one of the sarcastic guys. Very active inclusively on the LL. It's like Len said, is the way some of us have to deal with silences. These last months have been a disgrace in terms of interaction between the management and the fans. There's even people like Hamlet and Pats complaining in the forum about the lack of action :lol:

edit: forget about the '66 show. I thought it was about a new recording but now I remember it was about a show that has not been listed in the existing chronologies.
Last edited by Silver Forest on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

Come on... how can you not be sarcastic? I think it was back in Feb I asked Jeff on the LL what was coming up and he told me to calm down as it was only feb... well now it is July and still nothing. Year of the Doors my ***!

But yeah plenty of topics in here to choose from, even old ones. I love going through all the old threads, every now and then I find something new.

Buda

Post by Buda »

While I understand Antero's remark and I encourage also a bit more contentful posts, this whole thing with all their promises has become a big joke and its the fault of the management, without a doubt and you guys have the right to make your opinions heard.
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
avp2029

Post by avp2029 »

Woo hoo YOTD, well done.
"It's still alive inside of me" - Little Steven