Pegasus Epitaph by Michael Stuart-Ware, OUT SOON!

Michael Stuart-Ware (drummer on LoVE's classic albums Da Capo and Forever Changes) and Johnny Echols (lead guitarist and co-founder of LoVE) have joined us here on the Forum to answer your questions about their time with LoVE.At this moment they are not active as members and are not answering questions but I'm proud to have them both aboard at The Freedom Man Forum!

Moderator: The Freedom Man

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Pegasus Epitaph by Michael Stuart-Ware, OUT SOON!

Post by The Freedom Man »

AVAILABLE NOW EXCLUSIVELY FROM HELTER SKELTER PUBLISHING. On general release October, 2012.

"Pegasus Epitaph" is available now through direct order online from the publisher, Helter Skelter. Not available in U.K. bookstores until next month. Not available through the usual website bookstores (amazon, barnes and noble, etc) in the U.S. until the early spring.

Fascinating insider's story on LOVE's rise and fall. LOVE were one of the legendary bands of the late 60s US West Coast scene and their masterpiece Forever Changes still regularly appears in critics' polls. Yet the band never truly fulfilled their potential and broke through to the L.A. premier league inhabited by Crosby Stills and Nash and The Doors. Michael Stuart-Ware was LOVE's drummer and shares his inside perspective on the band's recording and performing career, and tells how drugs and egos thwarted the potential of one of the great groups of the burgeoning psychedelic era. As one fellow band member tells him, 'There wasn't any love in that group. It had nothing whatsoever to do with love. It was all about hate. That should have been the name of the band.'

Check out my homepage for the new cover for the book at:
www.thefreedomman.com
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Helter Skelter did a great job on the cover, Ed...especially considering they couldn't get rights to use the LoVE logo this time round.

Last edited by jamestkirk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Yes, look forward to read it soon!
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Great news! I'm also looking forward to reading it again, and with the new additions.

Yes, the cover is very cool.