Bill Siddons on Jim leaving the band

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Buda

Bill Siddons on Jim leaving the band

Post by Buda »

Vince,

first of all let me tell you that it is not in my intention to spend more time on this topic of Jim leaving/quitting the band than necessary and propose the very same question again and again but I wonder what do you think of Siddons' opinion concerning this event. Earlier you mentioned that thanks to Bill, you have been excluded from the private discussions of the band taking place in the office, so you were not present to witness and hear what really went on but I'm curious of your thoughts on his recollection (taken from the 1982 radio show "Three Hours For Magic - A Jim Morrison Special). Thanks!

"I was in the meeting in which Jim announced to us that he was moving to Paris and had no intention of continuing anything or not continuing anything. It was never a question that Jim Morrison was from the day that LA Woman was finished DONE with the Doors as an obligation. He finished recording all the albums on the contract. He finished touring. There were no plans to tour. There were no anything, and in fact while Jim was in Paris, Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger and John Densmore rehearsed with different singers to find a new singer because they knew that Jim might never come back. He never said "I quit the band, it's over, forget you and it never happen again." He also never said "I will be back in three months". He just said "I don't know who I am, I dont know what I'm doing, I don't know what I wanna do. I'm gone. Don't count on me. Good bye."" Bill Siddons
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk