Amsterdam

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Amsterdam

Post by The Freedom Man »

I am spending a night in Amsterdam.Although I am Dutch and know about our drugs policy here, I am surprised that while walking through the city, about every street has the "smell" of Weed!Now, I do like the smell of it, even me as a Dutchman, thought it was a bit too much! On the other hand it's nice to see all those smilling tourists, happy on pot!
Walking through the old area's where Jim also has put his footprints, I think it gives a good idea how things were in the 60's...
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
Buda

Post by Buda »

Always tried to reach that city myself, often planning to combine the trip with a Dylan show there but it never materialized (instead other ones). Hope to see the city as you saw it Ed some day, what is famous for and what makes it unique besides some other things as well that I'm interested in.
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
glenn

Post by glenn »

I've never been there. But your post just just made me add it to my bucket list ;)
When I was a kid, we used to put pennies on the tracks and watch them get smashed.
Mystery Train

Post by Mystery Train »

I've been there last November. It's a beautiful city and I defenitely want to again. It must be wonderful in summer, as there are a lot of small places and bars and the Grachten are cool, too.

Yeah, a lot of stoners around there. I also thought that it's a touch too much, especially in the red light district. On the other hand it's great that there is such a liberal place. If all countries would be so liberal, the stoners would be scattered around and no one would notice them.
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

And they wouldn't in jail for having an illegal smile!

:roll:

Illegal Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqNPFCp2-B8
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley