Jim's Brief Discussion with You at the Hollywood Bowl

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

Encuentro

Jim's Brief Discussion with You at the Hollywood Bowl

Post by Encuentro »

Hi, Vince! I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but at the beginning of the Hollywood Bowl performance during When The Music's Over there is a brief exchange between you and Jim. Beginning at about 2:39, Jim begins to repeatedly point his finger up, apparently asking you to turn his mic up. At about 4:19, he turns and says something to you to which you respond. If you remember, can you elaborate on this brief discussion? Was Jim not pleased with the sound? Thank you in advance!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOTEGeYHjEk
morrisonhendrix

Re: Jim's Brief Discussion with You at the Hollywood Bowl

Post by morrisonhendrix »

Encuentro wrote:Hi, Vince! I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but at the beginning of the Hollywood Bowl performance during When The Music's Over there is a brief exchange between you and Jim. Beginning at about 2:39, Jim begins to repeatedly point his finger up, apparently asking you to turn his mic up. At about 4:19, he turns and says something to you to which you respond. If you remember, can you elaborate on this brief discussion? Was Jim not pleased with the sound? Thank you in advance!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOTEGeYHjEk
It appears that Jim couldn't hear himself well enough in the monitors and wanted his level in the mix turned up.

I'd love to hear Vince's take.
"Music is your only friend, until the end"