LL Boards.....lol

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

universalmind69

Post by universalmind69 »

"Awwww"... how mature of you. Making your first posts on here complaining about other people complaining (how's that for ridiculous) and being rude to members...
Well, at the very least you're flying your beloved LL colours here, right?

But yeah... the BAN button must surely have gotten stuck in this case --- someone please unlodge it and transport this thing out of here. This is like having an insignificant yet annoying bug crawling around on the forum... an utter pest and nuisance.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

It's not our style but I'm with universalmind69 opinions. Even if I don't wanna start anything negative, I believe for a newbie it's always advisable to read some posts and understand the context and this forum's praxis. Ultimately, avoiding this intelligent posture would restrict the possibilities in fully enjoy the good environment and participating in articulate and educated discussions.

But, well, everybody makes his own choices. Anyway, despite the start welcome to the forum krammerhead. May you stay and participate in a better mood.
Arrina

The LL Board

Post by Arrina »

Hey there you all,

I just want to say that I do know Krammer from the other board. Yes, I do go over there to see what is going on too, like many of you here at the FMF. I feel he has in his own way tried to give that board some structure and he has been friendly toward me and other posters. So I feel if anything that board has had some benefits now. I did not think that was a possiblity at one time. And the reason I am writing this is that I have made three good friends and we email each other. And now I have gotten to know a few other people privately and all of us, I mean all of us are trying to give that board some much needed life and show respect to each other. We have all privately talked about the board and put out new topics and posts but there is so much apathy because of SG's nonsensical delirious and mindless jibber jabber, no one knows what to say.

Because at one time it was indeed a good board, there are people still there sincerely holding on and trying to maintain some semblance of peace and order. It is about the mods not caring and letting it get to the state it has now become which is such a shame.

And there are people over there talking about this board and how civil and polite people are at the FMF. I do know now of at least 3 people who are now on both boards in the last two months.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

I think it's great that you and your three friends are trying to do something. I don't think it's going to work since 1) certain regulars there don't reveal minimum levels of education; 2) the mods do not even attempt to act; 3) some people there think they own the forum and are either unavailable to analyse new info with a minimum of objectivity or think they already know everything about the Doors and don't care for more.

I went there yesterday and confirm this with another sad episode after rokritr tried to provide this great new info from Len's research about The Lost Paris Tapes stories.

Personal attacks are inevitable and will for sure discourage all attempts to give some sanity to the boards.
Until something will happen on the side of moderators nothing will change.
But the damage is done. I don't think the people that made such nice conversations until say, 2008-2009 will be back. Mostly are gone for good. Some are here, some are in other boards, some I don't know if they are active. I don't think the reasons come from the ocasional limitations on people's personal life. I think the reason are the ones I already pointed out and maybe another one that I don't want to go through at this ocasion.

Even so, I wish you success.
universalmind69

Well, be that as it may... he certainly hasn't appeared friendly or tried giving this board any structure. The core of people here are mostly members from the LL that migrated over around the time of the Matrix fiasco, give or take, and a lot more has joined over the years since. The reason it has thrived is due to good moderators that actually pay attention, an owner of this board that actually gives a shit and mutual respect --- plus it has bred more good research and sharing than I can ever recall having seen on the LL back when it was THE Doors board to be a part of.
Every so often there has been instances of known people from the LL coming over here and immediately starting trouble -- rightfully leading to them getting banned by dilligent moderators.

So, in short... I really do not care what's going on over on the LL (note my lack of involvment in this thread up to this point), sad that it may though be, and even less what this "krammerhead" has been trying to do over there when his introductory display of attitude stinks to high heaven. This is not the LL and there's a very good reason why.
Arrina

Post by Arrina »

Silver Forest wrote:I think it's great that you and your three friends are trying to do something. I don't think it's going to work since 1) certain regulars there don't reveal minimum levels of education; 2) the mods do not even attempt to act; 3) some people there think they own the forum and are either unavailable to analyse new info with a minimum of objectivity or think they already know everything about the Doors and don't care for more.

I went there yesterday and confirm this with another sad episode after rokritr tried to provide this great new info from Len's research about The Lost Paris Tapes stories.

Personal attacks are inevitable and will for sure discourage all attempts to give some sanity to the boards.
Until something will happen on the side of moderators nothing will change.
But the damage is done. I don't think the people that made such nice conversations until say, 2008-2009 will be back. Mostly are gone for good. Some are here, some are in other boards, some I don't know if they are active. I don't think the reasons come from the ocasional limitations on people's personal life. I think the reason are the ones I already pointed out and maybe another one that I don't want to go through at this ocasion.

Even so, I wish you success.
Thank you for your post and you articulated some of my own sentiments.

I have had to pull back at times and get away from that board. And what a waste and there goes the Doors' money to boot. It's a shame really.

Perhaps because there are more women over there (it seems like there are mainly men posting on the FMF ?) I have gotten to know these 3 other women behind the scenes. We are all very frustrated with the board to say the least. And we have tried to be creative in our posts but to little or no avail does it get much going. The thing is..why would the moderators let it sink into this miserable abyss? None of us can figure it out. I feel like the moderators are taking advantage of the Doors and their generosity for funding the LL. I know it is a mess but I think as women we are trying to get an assembly of people to help out before it totally vanishes. Futile isn't it! Maybe it comes from raising children....lol.

Thanks again for your reply!
Arrina

Post by Arrina »

universalmind69 wrote:Well, be that as it may... he certainly hasn't appeared friendly or tried giving this board any structure. The core of people here are mostly members from the LL that migrated over around the time of the Matrix fiasco, give or take, and a lot more has joined over the years since. The reason it has thrived is due to good moderators that actually pay attention, an owner of this board that actually gives a shit and mutual respect --- plus it has bred more good research and sharing than I can ever recall having seen on the LL back when it was THE Doors board to be a part of.
Every so often there has been instances of known people from the LL coming over here and immediately starting trouble -- rightfully leading to them getting banned by dilligent moderators.

So, in short... I really do not care what's going on over on the LL (note my lack of involvment in this thread up to this point), sad that it may though be, and even less what this "krammerhead" has been trying to do over there when his introductory display of attitude stinks to high heaven. This is not the LL and there's a very good reason why.
I am sorry that my post bothered you. I was just trying to explain my experience. But I do understand your feelings about the LL board. I feel we can all agree on that.

I myself have been attacked over there. And then why would I stay...well, there are reasons now, since I have made some very nice friends and it was quite by accident in a way.

Take care!
universalmind69

Your post was fine, it did not bother me at all... I just explained why what that member may or may not have done over at the LL is irrelevant in light of the attitude he has displayed on here.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

"Stupid" forum:

I guess there's some problems in French "expression"...

No other comments.
somedaysoon70

Post by somedaysoon70 »

Every time i go to the doors message board now, its just this incessant nonsense by 'stupidgirl', i hope to god she never comes here, it looks like she's spat her fair share of nonsense on other Doors forums as well
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

I guess only to break Pats Radio record (3 posts if I'm not wrong) before being banned. But I suppose SG don't need to come here. SG already owns a forum.
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

i read funches saying he was in touch with babe on his fb on may 16 2014 so i let him read stevenson claims..""From October 14, 1970 to the day Jim left for Miami, I spent about 20 hours a day, every day, with Jim and Babe Hill." :evil: and i asked him to bring back to babe, reply was..she lied, so game over on Stevenson all credits goes to me!, ok do not need to be genius to understand that BUT definitely I was the only one to tell her in the face for not talk about scarlet ahah but with thedoorsfan you never know.i could fill book with the doors fan and with jmorrison friends of the 21st century such as lisciandro,ferrara etc..etc. and co. and their contradictions..without talking about five doors..in fact, I will write to the lawyers of the 3 companies(dmc+morrison estates) talking about 2 points in my the doors unhinged + what nice the doors fan and tribute band are doing with the doors official logo, name,faux morrison italian statement spread by fan club etc...etc..etc..

http://forums.thedoors.com/index.php?/t ... ns/page-39

http://www.thefreedomman.com/forum/post ... te&p=78816
manuel08 wrote:here what a old groupie says about you on the doors forum and there are a lot worse..."Sorry, Hambone, but the minute you identified Treanor as your source you lost what little credibility you had in the first place. I've heard from people who left his site because of his negativity, because of some of the outlandish things he was claiming." now what is really funny is that this old groupie speaks about credibility when she claims she was morrison's lover and friend..and thennn -who is the only person saying this??..salli stevenson uhm..very credible then, -especially when you consider that stevenson claims that "From October 14, 1970 to the day Jim left for Miami, she spent about 20 hours a day, every day, with Jim and Babe Hill"...now the real tragedy are zombies lizard king fans who believe this type of bullshit and other. -so this about people speaking about your credibility..and then, this old groupie has not yet realized that this isn't your site lol..and that if the doors official forum is dead is thanks to their lies.by the way here my reply to her since i have the balls to respond directly to people and not behind the backs on other forum. how many lions i see -look who's talking to lost credibility..frankly you make me laugh erwin as usual, now also Treanor and his credibility..the only person without credibility are you and your friend stevenson who claims "From October 14, 1970 to the day Jim left for Miami, she spent about 20 hours a day, every day, with Jim and Babe Hill..ahahah..so you knew morrison according to this person -here is your no credibility and this is the reason why this forum is desert over that nonsense you said on freedomman forum and treanor who actually knew morrison.at least stop to say that other are liars or have little credibility when you and your friend are the worst ever seen..or try to explain who gives you credibility as morrison's friend..? yourself? keep dreaming ol'Groupie.- now vince i know people like you and frank do not want meddle yours names and good reputation with these people and you prefer not to say anything but at least you know,
http://thedoors.com/forums/index.php?sh ... 1900&st=80
:-o