Rick mayall dead 56

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Rick mayall dead 56

Post by The Freedom Man »

One if my heroes died yesterday.I felt sad yesterday when I heard the news from my son, I am in the south of France now, he was a very very talented man.Sometimes I hate life...

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio ... dian-actor
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

I know what you mean, Ed. Sad news.

My wife quoted something from an odd source--the 1924 film, The Thief Of Bagdad...it helps to have that film's attitude to make it through all the pain we sometimes have to endure & when we feel we don't have the right to be happy amidst all the tragedy...

"Happiness must be earned."
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Yes, the pain.It's just such a shame, there aren't manny people who had the talent that Rik had.I didn't realize he had such an impact on my life.Manny years ago I told my son he had to watch this guy and he was hooked the moment he saw him.I don't know, Scott, maybe it hurts more because my son son told me that Rik died, it only meant that he cared also.Father and son thing, and how to bring up your kids..
Ok I'm on my summer holiday now and had a few beer to much and getting to emotional, it just gets to me...
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

The Freedom Man wrote:Yes, the pain.It's just such a shame, there aren't manny people who had the talent that Rik had.I didn't realize he had such an impact on my life.Manny years ago I told my son he had to watch this guy and he was hooked the moment he saw him.I don't know, Scott, maybe it hurts more because my son son told me that Rik died, it only meant that he cared also.Father and son thing, and how to bring up your kids..
Ok I'm on my summer holiday now and had a few beer to much and getting to emotional, it just gets to me...
Have another toast, Ed.

Blackadder is another great place Rick shone!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

👍
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

This saddened me a great deal, one of my comedic idols.
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
DalloLama

Post by DalloLama »

I watch Rik often (Rik and Ade's masterpiece Bottom) and it was very sad and shocking to hear of his death. What a legend.