RSD 2015, watcha get?

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

RSD 2015, watcha get?

Post by The Freedom Man »

I, well since I had to work, my wife got me 2 albums that I wanted, The Doors-Strange Days Mono and David Bowie 1966.
I am curious what others bought, any recommandations?
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

Strange Days Mono and The Cleves/Bitch.

I can recommend The Cleves/Bitch. (Here's a small bio)

https://www.realgroovy.co.nz/Product/66 ... H-|-CLEVES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkiIc-xr7k4

And here they are on GTK (the same show that filmed the Doors performing CKS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNF50__6Yd4

They were playing at the store I went to. They were really good, not bad for not being together for 40 odd years. The lead singer looked like a posh mother and could barely bring herself to say the word Bitch! lol

I also got a free turntable mat with the cover image from Led Zeps House of the Holy album.

Oh yeah I also found 3 Doors Spun Gold 45's I didn't have and a Willie Dixon vinyl, so it was a happy day.

What was on the Bowie one?
Last edited by Roughie on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Thanks, will check it out.

The Bowie is white vinyl, only 2000 copies.I think it was not connected with RSD, but just had the same release date.

Early Bowie tracks remastered tracks

In 1972, at the height of David Bowie’s glam-era fame, former label Pye unlocked the vault and produced an EP, the aptly subtitled ‘For the Collector - Early David Bowie’, reprising four of the six songs Bowie recorded during 1965-1966. Since that time, those four (plus their two companions) have established themselves as mod pop classics. Here they are now in their glory - half a dozen slices of the young Bowie at his most endearing, mourning lost love and celebrating youthful promise, with his whole life ahead of him and fame still more than half a decade away.

1. I'm Not Losing Sleep
2. I Dig Everything
3. Can't Help Thinking About Me
4. Do Anything You Say
5. Good Morning Girl
6. And I Say To Myself
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

Nice, and kudos to finding on of the 2000. =)

Roughie

Post by Roughie »

Bump.

Did no-one else get anything?

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Was just wondering myself..
The Phantom Engineer

Post by The Phantom Engineer »

I didn't make it out on the day but later got hold of 2 of the 3 things I wanted - Strange Days mono (no. 3510) and More Roar by Robert Plant.

This is the first time I've heard SD in mono but I need to do more listening to fully appreciate it. What I do appreciate is the presentation with the inner sleeve and all. It's a great pressing, silent and flat. And call me odd, but I just that gold label on the record itself ....

As for the Plant, it's a 10" record (oddly enough I only have one other 10" record and that's Plant too - Honeydrippers Vol I) with a few live tracks from his recent tour supporting his last album. Again it's a great pressing and looks very classy with its black inner sleeve. There's 3 tracks, Turn It Up / Arbaden, Poor Howard (from Lullaby and the Ceaseless Roar) and a medley of Mona - Who Do You Love - Whole Lotta Love.

Taken apparently from the show in Glasgow last November, and if so very cool for me as I was there.

The third item I'm still after is a 7" single by Rich Robinson 'I Remember' b/w 'Up From The Skies' a live version of the Hendrix tune. I'm not sure it even made it to the UK so if anyone happens to have one, please drop me a pm.
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

onyl bought the SD mono, but is still on the way, can't wait
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

The Royal Sperm wrote:onyl bought the SD mono, but is still on the way, can't wait
You.ll love it, Spermy. Didn't get it myself, having the original mono vinyl! Maybe should have gotten the new one too...
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

jamestkirk wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote:onyl bought the SD mono, but is still on the way, can't wait
You.ll love it, Spermy. Didn't get it myself, having the original mono vinyl! Maybe should have gotten the new one too...
i've read reviews, yes maybe you can get the new one to make a comparission
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com