WTB: Signed Checks

What Doors items do you have in your collection?

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

YourWildLove

WTB: Signed Checks

Post by YourWildLove »

I'm looking to buy a genuine Jim autograph - aren't we all?

At this point, with the amount of forgeries on the internet, I'm only really interested in a signed check. The only problem is I have absolutely no idea where I should be checking (pun not intended). Can anyone please recommend some auction houses or websites where a check may become available? Vague question I know but I don't know much about purchasing something like this and I need a starting point.

Thanks!
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

I'd rather have a copy of each of his self published books... and if they were signed, even better!

All I can say is be VERY careful. I'm sure others on here will have much better advice than just that ;)
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
YourWildLove

Post by YourWildLove »

Roughie wrote:I'd rather have a copy of each of his self published books... and if they were signed, even better!

All I can say is be VERY careful. I'm sure others on here will have much better advice than just that ;)
Yeah, no kidding. Or a signed debut LP from the entire band. Think there might be a few on ebay for $100 :lol:

I think at this point, I would only trust an authenticated check for somewhere around ~$4-5k
Roughie

Post by Roughie »

LOL

Yeah an original LP with all 4 sigs would be great. Dream on as they say.

Wouldn't know about pricing, it's not something I have ever really looked into. I'm sure there are some experts on here.
Starting pre production on a sketch show. More soon.

Follow me on twitter @purplesheepprd
Buda

Post by Buda »

A very recent offer, with playing cards signed by all four members from '67 was pretty neat and sold for $13,750. So if you're looking for an item with autographs from all the four guys and from the time they were still a band, it goes understandably higher than the rest of the stuff inscribed later one by one. With that said, I'd be surprised if you can find Jim's authentic signature for less than $3,000. And I agree with Roughie; if you can, buy one of his signed books or something substantial than a check. That's also a pretty good investment as well, you can never lose money on that.

Here's one signed Lords out there but its obviously a rip-off for $37,500, regardless its condition..
http://www.abaa.org/book/717159730

Naturally Mark and Andy have much more to say about this, until then, here's Len's excellent overwiev on this issue and what you can expect nowadays..
http://www.thedoorsguide.com/news.html#20141205
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

You shouldn't have to wait all that long for a check endorsement if you're willing to spend $4-5K. They turn up relatively often at various auction houses and websites. I've seen about 30 in total. A nice example was recently sold by Profiles In History.