The Controversy

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

vince

The Controversy

Post by vince »

Hello Forum:

I am here. I have been here.

I am, as I was for each Doors show, behind the scenes, standing in the shadows, unseen, unnoticed and Loved.

There has been a nasty incident. I will not avoid partial blame for it. It is over. I would ask the no harsh words be used toward this very lonely, tired and perhaps frustrated individual who became needlessly nasty.

As one of you aptly pointed out, this is a public place and there will be "Bad Apples" and we have to take it as it comes baby, take it as it comes.

My intention was to see if he could answer your questions - or if he would even try - and I was going to ask some very specific questions myself.

OK - We March forward and not look back.

Peeps, I would like to ask one favor of you all, Let's drop the subject of Jim's death. I know, everyone wants the truth. I assure you, there will never be truth. Even if an autopsy were performed today by the best forensic lab I doubt there is enough left to provide the information we all see. Alan gave a statements that has been posted. I will accept that as about as close as it is ever going to come. Read it carefully, remember a comment I made some time back and draw your own conclusions.

Jim is dead, there is nothing any of us can do to change that. Understand that thinking about it is not pleasant for Ray, John, Robby or people on the second level, like myself, Leon, Bill, Kathy, Bob Greene and those who performed valuable services, Frank, Ferrara, Babe Hill, Tony Funches, Rich Linnell and Robby's brother whom, I gather, is not with us now. We (they) see discussions about Jim's death and have to feel sad and bad.

Otherwise, I guess the field is open to ask questions as you wish without getting too personal.

I want to say that I appreciate your enthusiasm, your attendance on the forum and your very considerate remarks. I feel I almost know you who are frequent conversationalists.

Regards the Chat room, I am in Korea and that is 9 hours LATER than GMT. I am on the computer from about 20:00 to 02:00 my time - Not always because I have two heavy organ projects going at the same time and one is seriously behind. I have a brilliant Idea, instead of getting tickets to UK to rap that guy in person, visit Korea, we can use the energy and enthusiasm. :P

Anyway lets try Saturday night, 22:00 Korea time. about 13:00 GMT
There are 150 members or so here, Let's see 100 of them on the chat.

To all of you, with best regards, I remain,

Your humble servant
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
JLizard

Very nice intro

Post by JLizard »

After I read this I am becoming suspicious that you wrote some of the lyrics to some of the Doors songs. Very eloquent dear sir. Way to represent. :D
vince

Lyrics

Post by vince »

No - I did not write lyrics to the Doors songs. I hope that my writing is eloquent enough to convey my feelings and ideas on any subject.

I am pleased that you find the forum interesting and hope you will be positng frequently.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
Sir Maggot

Post by Sir Maggot »

What inspired some of the lyrics in the Doors' songs ?
JLizard

Alan Graham Suggests That Oregon Jim Is Really Jim Morrison

Post by JLizard »

Jim Morrison's Brother In Law Alan Graham has been in recent and frequent contact with Gerald Pitts of Rodeoswest, Inc. As you may remember Pitts's website aims to prove that Jim is still alive having faked his death in 1971.
Recently Alan, under the name Paladin, posted this on his site. As belligerant as Alan has been to the notion that Jim was still alive previously, it seems like Alan is writing to a different tune now.

Yesterday I spoke with Gerald Pitts who claims that Jim Morrison is alive and well living as a rodeo cowboy up in Oregon. He gave me the telephone number of a woman called Doctor Marsha Loyer who is now retired and sells horses. She claims to be married to Jim Morrison so I called her and asked if I could speak with my brother in law. She yelled out to "JIM" your brother in law Alan Graham is calling do you want to speak to him? He yelled back "Hi Alan how are YOU?" and for the next hour he Marsha and I had a phone conference that is difficult to describe in a few words here but believe me it was intergalactic.

Marsha told me that Cliff (I am the son of Jim Morrison) had called recently and that he wanted to come up to meet his "Dad" She gave me his number and yesterday I called him. He was quite suprised to hear from me and told me that he was now out of jail and was making a "COMEBACK"

So Gerald Pitts the Rodeo Auctioneer, Jim Morrison a Rodeo Rock Star, and the fraudulent son of Jim Morrison have all managed to arrive at the same bizzare crossroads at this moment in time. So the story continues every day and it is all so ridiculously sublime like some farcical play..and Jim Morrison would'nt have it any other way.

Paladin

PS.
This is funny too, because the day after I spoke with Alan Graham, and never having heard the word Paladin before, I met a man who was the president of Paladin Technologies!

PSS. It's good to be writing on this site again. :-o
vince

Post by vince »

Someone is going to try to convince me - by phone - that Jim, Fat Jim, Jim who never did a lick of manual labor in his life, Jim who was indolent, as well as scholastic, who probaly never did anything "Athletic" is now a Rodeo Cowboy? I mean getting thrown off a real horse into the dirt of an arean - and not being recognized byt the cows and horses present.

there is one sure way to be clear on all this - Follow the money. That includes Alan Graham.

It is nice to have you writing on the forum again. But please, either this is really just a spoof or we are all being informed that some people really do believe in fairy's and Santa Clause. As for the existance of a Son - Why don't we ask Jim about that?

Has anyone herad of identity theft. I would like to ask this imposter some questions and expose the bastard for the absolute liar that he is.

Jim Morrison, Much to his regret, is dead. He is buried in Paris. He died some 35 years ago and remains dead. I think it would be a token of our respect for his memory, if not his being, that this nonsense stop and we never repeat or propegate this horrible travesty. This guy does not even look like Jim. Cowboy, Indeed. Jim would not get his hands dirty in real life. And he is going to ride a bull. Shit!!!! Please guys. You all know that I did not have the highest respect for Jim as a result of what he did and how he did it. I do know that he was a really nice guy when sober and I enjoyed, for the most part, my time with him. No matter what, I would not want to be a party to any propegation of this myth. It is stricktly for money.

I tell you all on the forum -I can ask some questions that he will answer either in total error or deny the ability to remember. Either answer is proof of this flagrant fake.

OK - Have had my say. I hope this is an expose of the gullibility of people rather than proof that this charlatin is as claimed.

Take care - Vince
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
JLizard

The Return of the King

Post by JLizard »

Hi Vince,
Thank you for your warm reception back to this wonderful site. When I posted on the DOORS website I was quickly bashed and banned. Manzarek's site actually all together shut down for a week after I posted about Gerald Pitts. Graham was the harshest critic of all at his Lizard Lounge, but as you can see from his latest posting, he's has become quite fascinated by Pitt's claim. :)

We now have a email address for those of you who would like to ask your questions about Jim Morrison being alive in private. It is rodeoswestinc@comcast.net. Also you can always try Gerald Pitts at 541 560 4061. I am also working on obtaining an internet phone where I can call people around the world at for almost nothing hopefully to be obtained by the end of summer. :mrgreen:

If you look up Jim Morrison is alive on www.youtube.com you will see some interesting video showing the remarkable similarities between old and new Jim Morrison. And then there is this posting by David from Montana from the Museum of Hoaxes website:

I am reading alot of unconvincing posts saying this is NOT Jim Morrison. I am a Medical Illustrator and advisor to Attornies at Law. I'm not saying it IS, but this deserves a closer look
The first GLARING fact that everyone is missing here is this RODEOWEST and website is flatly, no mistake about it, claiming this to be Jim Morrison of the band the DOORS. Son of Admiral G.S.Morrison, etc.
Listen people. Lawyers dont f**k around. So the estate of Jim Morrison should have shut this site down by now. This is a passive fact, but the lack of action against Rodeowest raises my eyebrows firstly.

Someone is saying the IRS would be after him. Bah. Anyone with millions can change their name, alter their face, change countries. Attorneys can arrange ANYTHING. Most don't know this because were not millionaires. People with money operate in a different world. His royalties could go to a trust, a laywer, several ways to trickle down..so NEXT!
Another genius poster said it doesn't look like him. Well, I did a "quicky" in photoshop and overlayed the famous Lion photo with the Rodeowest photo. It matched medically. The width of the eyes match very-very close. The eyes would be a first starting point as the eyes fix early in years, and stay fixed as we grow old. I calculate Jim Morrison the singer for the DOORS would be 62 now. The face would elongate and the nose would expand, etc. No photo of a 27 Y.O. would not match said person at 62 exactly. I find the picture on Rodeowest actually remarkeably similiar to the Jim of 27 photo. There is a similiar asymetry of the left eye, which is a bit more closed than the right. The curve of the nose matches. The chin matches as does the DISTINCTIVE mandibular angle. Vertically, all of the classic "Da Vinci" proportions are in place. Eye to nose, nose to lips, lips to chin. As well horizontally. Square face and distinctive mandible to bite ratio.

Personally, looking into the eyes of the famous Door's photo, and the photo of the man on the Rodeowest site, there was a subtle connection. The RODEOWEST agent says he has fingerprints of Jim Morrison now. So, that would be interesting to see side by side.

Again, I cannot say it is him, but there are quite a few interesting things going on here. I don't respect the loud mouths who just barf up negative comments without posting a few facts or connections. Thats lame, even if this is a fake.
If this guy is a FAKE and a CON, this is DAMN good. Very very good. It DOES medically look like a 62 year old Jim Morrison to me.

And if youre going to slam my post, go ahead, but do with FACTS and logic not more lame excretions.

-D
Posted by Dave in Montana on Thu Dec 07, 2006 at 09:37 AM

It's great to be on this site again.

JLizard
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

Get him to post his fingerprints.
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Well, Jim didn't have brown eyes, right?
Do moles just disapear???
Ok, case closed
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
vince

Post by vince »

Hello all on the controversy.

No, Jim did not have brown eyes. Moles do not disappear but could be surgically removed leaving a slight skin distortion.

IRS would not go after morrison, they would go after the estate and I am certain that the Cursons have taken great care to make everything well and good as far as accounting is concerned. They are getting an income from legitimate sources, why jeapordize it just to mess around a bit.

No _ I would not ask questions in provate. I would ask questions where everyone would be able to see the answers. I do nto want the same shady business that is going on with this site.

This is a fraud if for no other reasons that I previously gave. Jim never was athletic, though his boady was lean and slightly muscled. How about a DNA test done in public with plenty fo witnesses. That would end the controversy.

About the parents shutting the site down. I do not think they want to give it recognition. I amn certain the Ray, John and Robby know of this site and they are not endorsing it. At least not to my knowledge.

I really don't care about it. Jim is dead. He has been for 30 years or so. He is not coming back and certainly not as a rodeo rider. After all, if he wanted to appear in public, the rodeo is a far cry from anything else he has done. Certainly he is seeking publicity given the site. So why hide for 30 years and suddenly pop up in a dangerous, difficult and dirty business - something Jim shied away from altogether. It is a hoax and I care little for what anyone says to the contrary.

If I got my whack at him I would confirm or expose him immediately.

Pray tell, how do all the wishful thinkers explain away the photos of Jim taken by the Paris police. Who is that with a face like Jim, nose and all.
The whole this is BS and the more we discuss it the more that fool gains credibility. Be it ended and let Jim rest in peace. He certainly has little of that in life surely we can respect it in death.

That phone thing is interesting. What have you been up to?

Be good

Vince
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
what_A_trip67-71

Post by what_A_trip67-71 »

Pray tell, how do all the wishful thinkers explain away the photos of Jim taken by the Paris police
There were photo's of Jim taken after his death? Has anyone ever seen them? Or am i misinterpreting this?
they are the ones who will rule the world
vince

Photos

Post by vince »

It is my understanding that photos were taken of Jim relaxing in the tub when the police investigated why he wasn't moving. He was there for quite some time before they decided to move the rotting corpse.
There were a limited number of photos taken by "Other" that have been seen taken during his stay in Paris. One wonders why in hell, except for romantic nonsense, he ever went there

I believe they have been seen but not made public - which would be pretty tasteless abyway.

It is true that one cannot stay the same way as aging will change the contours of the face. But the look of this guy is not similar even with the distortion of aging.

I say again - this is a hoax. It is for the purpose of money. one must ask or think a few basic thoughts. Why does a guy with no athletic ability decide to be a cowboy? Why does he hide for 20 odd years then suddenly, when things are heating up again, make himself known.

FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAILS.

By the way - what rodeo's has this "Cowboy" been in. is his name on the register of acknowledged rodeo riders? Has anyone really investigated this guy's past?

As far as the kid is concerned - once again a DNA test will tell all without any question and this has not, to my knowledge, ever been done.

this whole thing is a circus, a charade and these bufoons are going to milk it for all it is worth even after they are exposed for the charlatans they are. It is the highest form of disrespect to Jim's family and the Cursons. Once again - if it was not Jim in the tob, then who?

Think about the number of people who would have to be part of this conspiracy who would keep their mouth shut for 30 years. Are they in on it now? Are they keeping silent, allowing a couple of people to reap the harvest while they hold the secret of this sham within?

Where money is concerned, there is no loyalty. The saying goes that "Hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned". True though that may be, there is no vengence like those loosing out on the pot of gold.

Let us consider that some young parisian or whomever, was murdered, dragged up to the apartment, dumped in a tub. then Morrison, without a legitimate passport - on forged documents that had to look like him - had to leave Paris and reenter the USA. Then, with this stolen ID, lived for 30 years in public without being recognized as Morrison? How many people were in on this? Can any one of those who have some form of respect fro Jim, whether talen or personal, believe that he was a conspirator to murder? There had to be a selection of the victim to resemble Jim to at the very least, photographic detail.

While all these guys are justifying the dream that Jim is alive they are also saying that he was a party to a carefully planned murder. I hardly think so.

Consider that those who supposedly talked to this false jim can ask somewhat about superficial family history and such. But even as a brother in law, they would not know his detailed history. Anyone can get a series of books and interviews and learn a great deal about Jim's life in general. The answers to obvious question would be easy. But it is those little tiny details, not known publicly that would tell the story.

As I have said before, if I get to him - If I care to get to him, it will take less than 10 minutes to find the truth. I have a lot of those little details

This whole thing is nonsense. Jim is dead. HE has been for a long time. He should be left in peace and so should the remaining members of his family. It is not right to give this plot any sense of credibility by acknowledging them. I would prefer not to discuss this any further. It is all crude and tasteless. Common sense will provide all the explanations necessary.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Re: Photos

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

vince wrote: This whole thing is nonsense. Jim is dead. HE has been for a long time. He should be left in peace and so should the remaining members of his family. It is not right to give this plot any sense of credibility by acknowledging them. I would prefer not to discuss this any further. It is all crude and tasteless. Common sense will provide all the explanations necessary.
I agree, Vince.

Jim Morrison as a Cowboy in a Rodeo IS a hoax. Hopefully the discussion on this ends now. It's nonsense.

Dan
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

I don't really think there is a discussion.
JLizard is a tool, and nobody else believes this crap.
Nobody.
vince

Post by vince »

Ah - A refreshing breeze has blown through the cow-barn. You are so right Jim and possibly the rest of the Forum family feels the same.

This crap arises every time there is a Doors event - same thing when the movie was made. "Morrisons" came out of the wood-work like termites. Few, if any, had the brains to lick a stamp.

How is everything going. We are a bit quiet and spring is here at last. We are surrounded by farmers who bring forth crops of famous "Kimpo Rice" every year. They are feverishly plantig. When I am bored I can watch it grow.

Take care.

Vince
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
JLizard

A bustle in your hedge grove

Post by JLizard »

How am I being windslime is I am just quoting what Jim Morrison's brother-in-law said?
jim4371

Re: A bustle in your hedge grove

Post by jim4371 »

JLizard wrote:How am I being windslime is I am just quoting what Jim Morrison's brother-in-law said?
Alan Graham is a giant tool.
Do you actually believe anything that comes out of his mouth, much less Gerald Pitts?
vince

Post by vince »

Mr. Lizard:
Why are you quoting what Jim's brother in law said? That is third party statements and is unacceptable as proof of anything. Eithout proof, no one should be repeating rumors. These people are making a mokery of Jim. Why do you even bother giveng them credibility at all?

Do you have any credible evidence - that which would stand up to scrutiny in a court of law, that Jim is alive? No, just a bunch of fantastic claims by this guy who dug up a look-alike and is working the scam for all they can get.

Unless I see proof positive in the form of fingerprints,AND DNA with the DNA supplied by direct family members, I maintain that this thing is a hoax. I want nothing to do with it or even wasting time listening to "I heard that..." "He said that he heard..." or "He told someone who told me..." kind of rumor.

Why would you quote this sort of heresy unless you gave it some credibility? Why bother repeating something that common sense should tell you is a bad lie. a complete fabrication, a scam.

Admitedly, we should not be doing any name calling. That is not right. But I feel that having anything to do with such a subject is merely helping these money grubbers gain credibility.

We don't want to stoop to name calling or other less dignified sort of conversations. But then, we don't want to hear about these people who are perpetrating a giant fraud.

Let's drop this distasteful topic and give more attention to kinder and more productive discourse.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
JLizard

Sounds Good To Me

Post by JLizard »

Yeah let's give it a rest.
But Vince, we know that you are a good man, we often times see you listening to the DOORS and we know that you never act out of common respect, give us your opinion in this instance, "Which performer would be most suited to take Jim Morrison's place with the band based on voice and appearance?".
what_A_trip67-71

Post by what_A_trip67-71 »

i agree, this whole thing is obviously a crock of shit.

Morrison is a cowboy. Whats next? :lol:
they are the ones who will rule the world
J.B.Marx

Post by J.B.Marx »

what_A_trip67-71 wrote:i agree, this whole thing is obviously a crock of shit.

I'm the reincarnation of John Lennon & Jimi Hendrix in one!
universalmind69

Post by universalmind69 »

J.B.Marx wrote:
what_A_trip67-71 wrote:i agree, this whole thing is obviously a crock of shit.

I'm the reincarnation of John Lennon & Jimi Hendrix in one!
nice! drop me a line and I may consider being your manager...
two superstars in one....that`s a good market, BIG dollars! :lol:
vince

Replacement and Dualities

Post by vince »

First - a replacement for Jim. I must first confess to being unaware of the current lot of singers in the US. I am more aware of what is happening here. However, I would suggest someone outgoing, good looking but not necessarily handsome. From what I have seen "Skin" is "In" so perhaps he shoould be somewhat buff. Certainly athletic - perhaps a gymnast would be quite suitable They have to think of what life is after the olympics.

The voice - well as long as it is smooth and the individual has a nice vibrato control nearly any Tenor voice would do.

Really, there are visable physical attributes that would help make a "Star". In the case of a replacement for Jim it requires the ability to sing with conviction. How nice it would be to be able to have the unpredictability in the physical behavior - which made Jim somewhat famous, rather than the variables of verbal and physical behavior based on how much alcohol and drugs he had ingested.

I do not think one has to imitate Jim in all aspects. The would not have to look like him in either face or physique. Rather be a good singer, have a well controlled voice and a sincerity, a belief in the meanings of the words and phrases of the music. It would be fairly easy to find someone, a gymnast comes to mind, who could do the SA and activities. But it is the mental thing that I feel would count the most. I just had the flash that a gymnast must have incredible mind control and concentration so there again - go to the high school gym programs and grab a good looking kid and then train him well. Of course you could hope that he was a Doors freak to start with and then you would have a real ringer.

Now for the John & Jimmy. Does this mean that you have inherited a great talent for wiritng songs and playing unusual guitar or that you are near sighted and well endowed. You know, of course, that by getting two lost souls within your being, you denied someone the chance to live again. That is not really fair. But then, no one said life is fair.

You will find a new Jim with far less looking and trouble than replacements for Ray, John and Robby. Again, I do not have knowledge of the current crop of talent but you will go far and wide to find people equal to thise guys (Working as a team) Damn, they were good. Why in hell didn't Jim pay attention to business. Oh well. Life is a real tough road.

Take care guys. Let's have a laugh.

Vince
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors
JLizard

We can laugh about it now Vince

Post by JLizard »

Gerald Pitts says that when the sunlight hits Oregon Jim Morrison a certain way, his eyes appear cobalt blue. Gerald is currently working several hours a day using Pinnacle Studio to create and soon to make a press release video of the Jim Morrison story.
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

no disrespect to ty dennis, but i think i would be able to drum much more authentically with the ray/robby band. i know its an incredibly egotistical thing to say...

funny how everyone talks about who should be the vocalist, but not who could potentially drum. ty dennis is a great drummer, but his feel wasnt right for me.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

mystery_train67 wrote:funny how everyone talks about who should be the vocalist, but not who could potentially drum. ty dennis is a great drummer, but his feel wasnt right for me.
That's because we all knew who the drummer should be, at least when they were billing themselves as The Doors.
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

I agree. It just always seemed so unlikely that Densmore would ever join them.
JLizard

Re: The Controversy

Post by JLizard »

Thanks to everyone for all the calls and emails. Sorry couldn't get back to you, but finally got the interview I've been waiting for for the last 10 years. Please take time to read it. And enjoy!

http://www.classicbands.com/JohnCeperichInterview.html