Greetings from a new member

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

Melkor

Greetings from a new member

Post by Melkor »

Hi everybody! My name is Fabio and I live in Italy. I first listened to The Doors ten years ago and they really changed my life.
Although I live across the pond, I saw Robby and Ray live in 2011 (Pistoia) and John in 2014 (Perugia). Unforgettable experiences.
I'm not exactly a hardcore collector, but I own all the commercially available CDs and DVDs of The Doors (no LPs because I don't have a turntable), many books and I'm in the process of completing the solo discography of Ray, Robby and John.
I also have digital copies of most of the bootlegs, although I'm still looking for some post-Morrison and Ray shows. By the way, the recently surfaced Dallas 1970 show is a true gem. I never thought I would have the chance to hear a live recording of Riders on the Storm!
I used to visit Len's page (I also sent him a couple of corrections to his database), too bad it completely shut down. I decided to join this forum to keep up with the news and share my passion for The Doors. Speak soon! :)

PS this is the "rarest" item that I own. It's a limited edition poster of When You're Strange signed by John, Ray and Robby. I bought it from The Doors' official online shop. It's easily the object I'm most attached to.
I also have a couple of books signed by John, one by Frank Lisciandro, a mint copy of Mike Jahn's 1969 book and the august 1971 issue of Rolling Stone. I would love to get a first edition of The Lords and The New Creatures, someday...
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Re: Greetings from a new member

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Welcome, Fabio! I hope you enjoy your stay here. IMO, this is the most informative Doors Message board around. I'm sure you will find a lot of info and friendly Doors fans here.
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

And hello from me to.Thanks for checking in! I'm sure you're gonna have a good time!
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Welcome, Fabio! You are now part of the most enthusiastic, informed, and loyal forum around!

Cheers!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley