The Doors (Deluxe Edition) Box set

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

zarza29

The Doors (Deluxe Edition) Box set

Post by zarza29 »

Release March 2017

No outtakes, cd 3 Live at the Matrix: 8. I Looked At You,9. End Of The Night,10. Take It As It Comes,
It seems obvious that the tracklisting for the Matrix disc is incorrect

https://www.amazon.com/Doors-Deluxe/dp/ ... +doors+box

http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=101021
lizardkingteo

Re: The Doors (Deluxe Edition) Box set

Post by lizardkingteo »

why do we need more remastering both in stereo and mono of the same remastered album.. and they are not going to include the whole matrix again.. what a bummer. this seals the possibility of hearing the whole matrix once and for all
zarza29

Post by zarza29 »

I think Complete Matrix 2018 or late 2017
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

I assume you know from inside info and thnks for sharing however I dont see any point in rereleasing a compilation of previously released songs with only an upgrade in audio quality when you are going to issue a standalone release of the matrix. it would be better if they put something else instead.. outtakes maybeee? or the Avalon masters (if they have the tapes)
zarza29

Post by zarza29 »

lizardkingteo wrote:I assume you know from inside info and thnks for sharing however I dont see any point in rereleasing a compilation of previously released songs with only an upgrade in audio quality when you are going to issue a standalone release of the matrix. it would be better if they put something else instead.. outtakes maybeee? or the Avalon masters (if they have the tapes)
I don´t have any inside info but The Velvet Underground did the same thing, 2014 deluxe box set of the third album with a selection of tracks recorded live at the matrix, then in 2015 Matrix complete recordings, it´s only bussiness, money, money, money!!!
Buda

Post by Buda »

Totally sharing Teo's views on this. I understand the monetary issues and how capitalism works but the Velvets didn't release any inferior quality Matrix material in the first round and in the case of the Doors, this little teaser might be counterproductive and actually hurt the sales of the final product, if they come out with it a year ahead. I see the potential to release a sampler kinda version too but they should release them at the same time, leaving the customers to make the decisions about which versions they want to choose but this bird-feeding technique is clearly another questionable approach which definitely ain't no use for them as well.

Also, curious, how they going to end up promoting it after all... "Here it is, finally the from original tapes.... this time we are honestly telling that it is the real thing!!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
zarza29

Post by zarza29 »

Buda wrote:Totally sharing Teo's views on this. I understand the monetary issues and how capitalism works but the Velvets didn't release any inferior quality Matrix material in the first round and in the case of the Doors, this little teaser might be counterproductive and actually hurt the sales of the final product, if they come out with it a year ahead. I see the potential to release a sampler kinda version too but they should release them at the same time, leaving the customers to make the decisions about which versions they want to choose but this bird-feeding technique is clearly another questionable approach which definitely ain't no use for them as well.

Also, curious, how they going to end up promoting it after all... "Here it is, finally the from original tapes.... this time we are honestly telling that it is the real thing!!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
totally agree but in fact Matrix inferior material were released in 1974 and 2001 (velvet´s):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969:_The ... round_Live

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootleg_S ... uine_Tapes
Buda

Post by Buda »

Oh, I wasn't counting on bootlegs.
zarza29

Post by zarza29 »

Buda wrote:Oh, I wasn't counting on bootlegs.

semi-official´s
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

Really? what a bummer! is this the best that Jampol Can do for the 50th ann?

i already have several, i mean several stereo versions of the 1st album on cd and vinyl, also have 02 copies in mono, i don't need more copies, a matrix teaser? why? the could be make a 4 CD relase with all the matrix, i'm really upset
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
eva

Post by eva »

I AGREE !!!!
... Also FIRST ALBUM DVD .....
mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

[CD3: Live At The Matrix]
1. Break On Through (To The Other Side)
2. Soul Kitchen
3. The Crystal Ship
4. Twentieth Century Fox
5. Alabama Song (Whisky Bar)
6. Light My Fire
7. Back Door Man
8. I Looked At You
9. End Of The Night
10. Take It As It Comes
11. The End

???

Surely this is just a lazy press release?
"Have a few beers, and take your time..."
Buda

Post by Buda »

zarza29 wrote:
Buda wrote:Oh, I wasn't counting on bootlegs.

semi-official´s
I was counting, only I wasn't counting on them!! :mrgreen:
BallroomDays67

Post by BallroomDays67 »

Another rerelease of the debut album along with an incomplete Matrix recording? This is ridiculous. The debut album is one of my all-time favorites, but enough is enough. I can't believe that after all this time, they're releasing only a selection of tracks from the Matrix master? Totally wacky. I think I'll be skipping a Doors CD release for the first time in a very long time.
The Royal Sperm

Just figured out! The Jampol plan is split the Matrix tapes in 06 parts, any Deluxe version of the albums will include a part of it, and each box will be released from this year to 2021 to celebrate de 50th anniversary of L.A.Woman, then in the year 2025 we will get it as mp3 downloads!
www.KatRecords.com
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

complete garbage
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

At least we get a mono st CD

More shit
'I've seen the future brother, it is murder'...
'whole new strange catacombs of wisdom

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
eva

Post by eva »

I love the Doors... and I love their first album, but enough is enough... GIVE ME ISLE OF WIGHT DVD...
antero

Post by antero »

At least we'll get some of the Master sourced Matrix tracks pretty soon, for me that's what I'm looking forward...Flacs.
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

true matrix masters will be great to hear

how does this stuff end up pre- order on amazon and discussed on some random forum before any official announcement ?

'''''We want Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque Cinematheque and we want it now''''
lizardkingteo

Post by lizardkingteo »

or its just that they dont have anything to include in this 50th year anniversary .. no outtakes , no avalon nothing to include so maybe thats the reason we see the debut album in the same formats over and over again... maybe the vaults have been dried out.. and as the management continues to milk the fans they just include a comp of the master matrix along with a nice book that will include "unreleased" photos to make it different than the rest of the rerererereleases
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

Buda

Post by Buda »

Incompetent bastards. Seeing this now I'm completely baffled over what were they thinking. Redone cover looks rather like the whole band's obituary than a celebration. Really, can't wait to hear how this will sound... Chronologically, pairing the debut with the Fog would have made more sense than releasing it with an incomplete Matrix for the beggers but we know, there's no point finding here common sense.

Legacy-wise, or artistically speaking though, they could have won everyone over this past year, if they had released the debut with the Fog, including tons of available memorabilia in a book which the debut has, together with all the shit that accompanied this latest Fog release anyway, but nah.. Jeff knows better. They need to rip off their audience once again with some of the breadcrumbs of Matrix. With all this nonsense, clearly, noone can show better what it takes to spoil such a considerable legacy the Doors have, lasting for more than half a century based on these four guys exceptional work with such disrespectful, unprofessional and careless releases aimed only to cash-in.
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

The 3rd disc track list is definitely a typo, but if they are going for a live version of the album using Matrix tracks there will be no live version of Take It As It Comes, I Looked At You and End Of The Night. So there will be plenty of time left on the 3rd disc for other songs. They can fit more songs from the March 7th show on the 3rd disc.
It just makes no sense to split up the Matrix and release an incomplete show on the 3rd disc. This whole release makes no sense. Why not save the Matrix for a complete release. The 3rd disc could be used for outtakes, alternate takes, alternate mixes. Why not include the LMF single mix?

Teo, they don't have the Avalon tapes.
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

yeah so a thought regarding IOW, I assume they will release a CD and DVD/BR, what happens regarding the fact that there are currently at least two unofficial digital versions of IOW for sale on amazon and other platforms? do the doors not have exclusive rights to IOW? or is there a change afoot? I assume these bootleg/non official releases will be removed?

any ideas?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss ... 4N7EOAVS4Q

bump
Last edited by anytimecowboy on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mystery Train

Post by Mystery Train »

wha happened wrote:The 3rd disc track list is definitely a typo, but if they are going for a live version of the album using Matrix tracks there will be no live version of Take It As It Comes, I Looked At You and End Of The Night. So there will be plenty of time left on the 3rd disc for other songs. They can fit more songs from the March 7th show on the 3rd disc.
It just makes no sense to split up the Matrix and release an incomplete show on the 3rd disc. This whole release makes no sense. Why not save the Matrix for a complete release. The 3rd disc could be used for outtakes, alternate takes, alternate mixes. Why not include the LMF single mix?

Teo, they don't have the Avalon tapes.
It indeed must have been a typo. An updated track list is now available. Disc 3 has 8 songs now... What a waste this release is!
anytimecowboy

Post by anytimecowboy »

Yeah

You want the matrix masters? You still want them?

You sure??

Ok you can finally get ...8 of the tracks... But you will have to buy 3 more versions of the first album as well.

Come on just buy the album 3 more times. Please, you are a hardcore fan arent you. We promise we wont ask you to buy it again after this...last time

$$$$$ Happy anniversary $$$$$

mystery_train67

Post by mystery_train67 »

ugh.
"Have a few beers, and take your time..."
mojorisin577

Post by mojorisin577 »

eva wrote:I love the Doors... and I love their first album, but enough is enough... GIVE ME ISLE OF WIGHT DVD...
...and Blu-ray.. =)
The Royal Sperm

anytimecowboy wrote:Yeah

You want the matrix masters? You still want them?

You sure??

Ok you can finally get ...8 of the tracks... But you will have to buy 3 more versions of the first album as well.

Come on just buy the album 3 more times. Please, you are a hardcore fan arent you. We promise we wont ask you to buy it again after this...last time

$$$$$ Happy anniversary $$$$$

money beats soul, every time
www.KatRecords.com