50th anniversary - Spoilers

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

StrangeNightOfStone

Re: 50th anniversary - Spoilers

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

PoorOtis D&G wrote:So I have to wonder if Seattle'70, Hawaii '70 and Bakersfield '70 are off the table entirely now?

Bakersfield was a solid performance , as 1970 shows go, and and I never understood why an awful performance like Boston Arena came out but that one sat on the shelf.

Seattle is incomplete, LMF cuts and The End went unrecorded. Good sound but a terrible performance by Jim. Listening to his bird calls during WTMO was almost as bad as waterbording. Make sure if you play a Doors song to a person who never heard them before, do not pick WTMO from Seattle. They'll never listen to them again.
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
StrangeNightOfStone

Mystery Train wrote:
- Full Matrix? He was like: you already got that one. I'm like: yes, but now you have the master reels?! He's like: Ok, I'll put that on my agenda. Didn't sound like they're planning it....

I have a theory-The Doors camp will only draw from.the Matrix master tape for the incomplete live Matrix cds that will accompany the anniversary release of the first two albums. One would think they'd pull the 2008 Matrix release and replace it with the superior tapes. Don't bet on it. Remember how a shitty bootleg quality print of Critique was released on Soundstage Performances? They never pulled it from circulation to replace with the superior print. I think.the 2008 Matrix release is rhe closest well ever see to a Matrix box
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
Buda

Post by Buda »

Shit. Hope you're wrong, as the Matrix is the last inspiring live stuff with real merits which they can offer. However your reasoning fits their approach of things.
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

StrangeNightOfStone wrote: Make sure if you play a Doors song to a person who never heard them before, do not pick WTMO from Seattle. They'll never listen to them again.
That's hilarious. I had a similar discussion with someone last night about what live songs to play a casual fan.
StrangeNightOfStone

wha happened wrote:
StrangeNightOfStone wrote: Make sure if you play a Doors song to a person who never heard them before, do not pick WTMO from Seattle. They'll never listen to them again.
That's hilarious. I had a similar discussion with someone last night about what live songs to play a casual fan.

Go straight to the best performances; Danish tv ('68) and The End from Toronto tv (1967).
Buda

Post by Buda »

Toronto is a killer. Those visuals and vibes presented there are spellbinding.
"Because when the crowds finally begin to accept you
you become the suspect of your artistry" Buk