Pre-order LoVE's Michael Stuart Ware's "Pegasus Epitaph" & get it first!

LOVE was another great band from the 60's and of course VERY Doors related.
I think it would be great to have this special topic about the band who was such a big example for The Doors.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

jamestkirk

Pre-order LoVE's Michael Stuart Ware's "Pegasus Epitaph" & get it first!

Post by jamestkirk »

I just received this from the publisher who asked me to kindly place this here....for all who love LOVE & Michael Stuart Ware's fine autobiography--

Available in Paperback from Extradition Publishing from 20th October 2017
PREORDER NOW!

On 20th October, ‘Pegasus Epitaph: The Story Of The Legendary Rock Group Love’ will be issued in paperback by Extradition Publishing and priced at £15. This new, revised edition of a unique piece of rock literature opens up the world of California's late sixties music to every reader - and is essential reading for any fan of Arthur Lee and Love. This new edition offers not only updates on fellow Love members, but also Michael’s own tribute to Arthur Lee, plus further archive photos from the era not included in previous editions.

READ MORE AND PREORDER NOW! HERE!

https://viveleshop.com/blogs/news/pegas ... group-love

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
jamestkirk

Re: Pre-order LoVE's Michael Stuart Ware's "Pegasus Epitaph" & get it first!

Post by jamestkirk »

This from the publisher! Hope you all will be as happy to cherish this as much as I know I will! --jtk

HAPPY 50TH, FOREVER CHANGES!

Available in Paperback from Extradition Publishing from 20th October 2017
PREORDER NOW!

On 20th October, ‘Pegasus Epitaph: The Story Of The Legendary Rock Group Love’ will be issued in paperback by Extradition Publishing and priced at £15. This new, revised edition of a unique piece of rock literature opens up the world of California's late sixties music to every reader - and is essential reading for any fan of Arthur Lee and Love. This new edition offers not only updates on fellow Love members, but also Michael’s own tribute to Arthur Lee, plus further archive photos from the era not included in previous editions.

Author Michael Stuart Ware was alongside as Lee, at the height of his powers, reached towards unique, unforgettable sounds and created the Love masterpieces cherished by music fans for half a century - but he also saw how drugs and egos can thwart the potential of even the greatest bands.

Pegasus Epitaph sees a talented young drummer swept into the path of Arthur Lee, Love's charismatic frontman and creative force, possessed of a restless, almost demonic energy.

As a cautionary tale of rock band politics, Pegasus Epitaph is as frank and compelling as only an eyewitness account can be, but the author also vividly portrays life away from the studio in a pivotal era in rock music: hanging out in
Laurel Canyon, checking out bands and shooting the breeze in the Summer of Love.

50 years after the release of Forever Changes, this acclaimed memoir is still the only insider's story of life in Love - one of the seminal West Coast bands of the late sixties.

https://viveleshop.com/blogs/news/pegas ... group-love
Last edited by jamestkirk on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Beautiful book cover...honoring Forever Changes 50th!!!

-Aldous Huxley
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Nice! Does it have extra’s stories from Michael?
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

The Freedom Man wrote:Nice! Does it have extra’s stories from Michael?
Michael says that he has made what he feels are improvements and edits that only he may notice, but no new stories. Still worth having this latest edition. The publisher's editor told me he felt that this edition, with Michael's changes & additions, vastly improves on the very first edition...but in any event, gotta have it!

:D

-Aldous Huxley
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

Ed...this from the publisher on what is NEW in this, the best yet, edition! For Love fans everywhere!

This new edition offers not only updates on fellow Love members, but also Michael’s own tribute to Arthur Lee, plus further archive photos from the era not included in previous editions.

-Aldous Huxley
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Thanks, sounds promising.
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
jamestkirk

Post by jamestkirk »

New release date. Just received this from the publisher. Makes sense. Patience.

We will now be releasing the book in the new year, February 2018. This is to give the book as much coverage as possible and not get lost in the run up to Christmas.

Thanks for your comments and we will keep you in the loop.

Best wishes RE

-Aldous Huxley