Editing and Soft Deleting of posts

Share any feedback and/or questions about the forum here.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Editing and Soft Deleting of posts

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Back when this newly revised board was put into production in January 2016, Ed and I decided we wanted members to not only have the ability to edit their posts at any time, but to also soft delete them. I think this is a great feature. Please utilize that. A lot of message boards out there don’t offer this convenience for their members. Please PM me if you do not know how to edit or soft delete your posts.
The reason I am posting this is because a certain member here is posting that their posts are being deleted. If your post is being deleted, it’s because it’s off topic and does not belong or because there is no editing being performed on the members part which should be. I do not censor nor does Ed. Please utilize the great features here and post responsibly and you won’t be moderated. Thank you.

Dan
jamestkirk

Re: Editing and Soft Deleting of posts

Post by jamestkirk »

TheDoorsMusic wrote:Back when this newly revised board was put into production in January 2016, Ed and I decided we wanted members to not only have the ability to edit their posts at any time, but to also soft delete them. I think this is a great feature. Please utilize that. A lot of message boards out there don’t offer this convenience for their members. Please PM me if you do not know how to edit or soft delete your posts.
The reason I am posting this is because a certain member here is posting that their posts are being deleted. If your post is being deleted, it’s because it’s off topic and does not belong or because there is no editing being performed on the members part which should be. I do not censor nor does Ed. Please utilize the great features here and post responsibly and you won’t be moderated. Thank you.

Dan
I always appreciate this feature, Dan! I don't know how many times i've discovered a spelling error or ridiculous grammar error, or where I repeated the same post, or where I was enlightened to new or incorrect info -- AND thankfully I was able to fix it....anytime and forever!

There is a popular forum that I visit often that only allows edits for 30 minutes. Drives me crazy!

Many thanks to you and Ed for thinking of us and making life easier!

scott
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley