Hello from Dublin

Introduce yourself to the forum or just get something off your chest in this off-topic area.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

kevinhanrahan

Hello from Dublin

Post by kevinhanrahan »

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a Doors fan just over 30 years now. They've been my favourite since I got my hands on my fathers Best Of The Doors cassette tape in 1988.

First CD I bought was Soft Parade in 1995. What an eye opener that was!

I'm a collector of Doors stuff but probably not a completist like some on the board (although I doff my cap to those that are). I bought almost all the Bright Midnight releases on CD and then more recently the RSD releases from 2014 (Ghost Song) onwards. I was lucky enough to see the Doors Of The 21st Century in Dublin in 2004 - but that is the closest I had to get to the real thing. I'm to this day in two minds about those shows - but I simply could not turn down the chace to witness Manzarek and Krieger jamming out. Ray played with his god damn feet at that show!!

I managed to get Ray's autograph a few years ago when I bought his Michael McClure collaboration The Piano Poems. Jesus I must have listened to that a hundred times by now. I did not meet him to get the signature - wish I had the chance. It was just signed if you purchased directly from the website.

Anyway other than that I guess I have all the albums on CD, I have the boxset from christmas 1997, I have the doors albums boxset (Perception) from 2006, all the albums on vinyl and a bunch of other random stuff.

So there you go - that's a bit about my Doors credentials I guess. I'm a designer by trade, living in Ireland. I joined the site as I have been looking for information about the Matrix reissue having picked up Part I and Part II over the last couple of years.

I've been pretty annoyed that they did not include downloads with the sets so I can listen from my iPhone when I'm out and about. I guess I'll have to find myself a record player with USB. I've been meaning on upgrading the old Sony anyway....

Anyway I hope to add to the conversation and debate on the forum in the future. And thank you for having me. If I ask any stupid questions, please bear with me.

Cheers!

=)
TheDoorsMusic
Site Administrator

Re: Hello from Dublin

Post by TheDoorsMusic »

Welcome, Kevin!
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Welcome! And get yourself a record player, much more fun listening to music playing records!
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
kevinhanrahan

Post by kevinhanrahan »

Hey guys! thanks for the welcome.

Oh maybe I wasnt clear- I have a record player. I've listened to records my whole life. I just dont have one that can usb out. So I've no way to convert my analogue to digital basically! Trust me I wouldnt collect vinyl with no way to play the blooming things! Hahaha