Page 3 of 4
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
by StrangeNightOfStone
blindtiger wrote:Hi to all, im new here and ive been reading a little this thread because a think its interesting.
I have a few questions hope you can help me.
I know Pam was an heroin addict,
my question is why Jim spent 5 years with Pam, and finally he went to Paris with her, all the Paris pictures show them so in love,( i litt le messed up too lol), and all the poems and song inspired on her, don't you guys think maybe Jim was in love with her?Wasn't Jim smart enough to know that and wanted to be with her anyway?
He could have had all the women in the world but he choose Pam, why?
Well thanks in advance.
It's hard to apply logic or reason to love...
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:23 pm
by blindtiger
Thats what i thought maybe the man was in love even if she was a junkie or not.
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:47 pm
by StrangeNightOfStone
blindtiger wrote:Thats what i thought maybe the man was in love even if she was a junkie or not.
I think it was a time when most everyone engaged in recreational drugs, yet didn't fully grasp the concept of addiction or long term consequences of over indulgence...
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:01 pm
by MistyJm
StrangeNightOfStone wrote:blindtiger wrote:Hi to all, im new here and ive been reading a little this thread because a think its interesting.
I have a few questions hope you can help me.
I know Pam was an heroin addict,
my question is why Jim spent 5 years with Pam, and finally he went to Paris with her, all the Paris pictures show them so in love,( i litt le messed up too lol), and all the poems and song inspired on her, don't you guys think maybe Jim was in love with her?Wasn't Jim smart enough to know that and wanted to be with her anyway?
He could have had all the women in the world but he choose Pam, why?
Well thanks in advance.
It's hard to apply logic or reason to love...
Amen

I agree with that.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:18 pm
by sacateca
i just wanna mention that it's just downright wrong to state Pam didn't contribute anything to anyone...that's malicious. What you mean is that by your standards you didn't think she was useful.
Whatever she contributed to Jim's life, only Jim and her knew, and their "friends" (if they had any real friends, or were everyone around them just parasites?) could guess and speculate. And it's also disgusting to drag her family into it, judging her on their behalf, too.
God, mr. Freedom Man, your name doesn't quite suit you.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:35 pm
by The Freedom Man
What did I do? I don't represent all of the members here you know.
Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:23 pm
by lovro_asperger
thefreed wrote:What did I do? I don't represent all of the members here you know.
I agree with Ed.
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:08 pm
by manuel08
could be true, like i think, that p.courson haven't work a day of her life
from 67 to 71?
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:06 am
by jamestkirk
thefreed wrote:What did I do? I don't represent all of the members here you know.
Wow! Hah! That one came out of nowhere, ed!!

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:51 pm
by violentblossom
blindtiger wrote:Hi to all, im new here and ive been reading a little this thread because a think its interesting.
I have a few questions hope you can help me.
I know Pam was an heroin addict,
my question is why Jim spent 5 years with Pam, and finally he went to Paris with her, all the Paris pictures show them so in love,( i litt le messed up too lol), and all the poems and song inspired on her, don't you guys think maybe Jim was in love with her?Wasn't Jim smart enough to know that and wanted to be with her anyway?
He could have had all the women in the world but he choose Pam, why?
Well thanks in advance.
Oh, i forgot:
Why the others Doors members Manzarek said Pam and Jim were soul mates and he loved her so much?
Its all about the mith and marketing?
Robby has stated that Pamela was "mostly good for Jim", so i definately take his word for it. I also haven't heard any of the other Doors say anything bad about her (which is not to say they haven't, but everything i've heard from them about her wasn't exactly rude or anything).
Jim loved Pamela. That's it.. i don't think anyone could deny that. You don't spend a big wad of cash on some girl's store when you don't care a great deal for them. You don't leave your full estate to someone you don't care for.. that's my take on the whole thing.
How many songs and poems were dedicated to her or written about her?
I'm with you, B.T.
P.S Manuel, hiya, nice to meet you.. i think she worked at Themis between '67 and '71.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:37 pm
by manuel08
yes, yes...you are right
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 pm
by blindtiger
violentblossom wrote:blindtiger wrote:Hi to all, im new here and ive been reading a little this thread because a think its interesting.
I have a few questions hope you can help me.
I know Pam was an heroin addict,
my question is why Jim spent 5 years with Pam, and finally he went to Paris with her, all the Paris pictures show them so in love,( i litt le messed up too lol), and all the poems and song inspired on her, don't you guys think maybe Jim was in love with her?Wasn't Jim smart enough to know that and wanted to be with her anyway?
He could have had all the women in the world but he choose Pam, why?
Well thanks in advance.
Oh, i forgot:
Why the others Doors members Manzarek said Pam and Jim were soul mates and he loved her so much?
Its all about the mith and marketing?
Robby has stated that Pamela was "mostly good for Jim", so i definately take his word for it. I also haven't heard any of the other Doors say anything bad about her (which is not to say they haven't, but everything i've heard from them about her wasn't exactly rude or anything).
Jim loved Pamela. That's it.. i don't think anyone could deny that. You don't spend a big wad of cash on some girl's store when you don't care a great deal for them. You don't leave your full estate to someone you don't care for.. that's my take on the whole thing.
How many songs and poems were dedicated to her or written about her?
I'm with you, B.T.
P.S Manuel, hiya, nice to meet you.. i think she worked at Themis between '67 and '71.

And i agree with you, nice to see you here girl

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:56 pm
by lee
violentblossom wrote:blindtiger wrote:Hi to all, im new here and ive been reading a little this thread because a think its interesting.
I have a few questions hope you can help me.
I know Pam was an heroin addict,
my question is why Jim spent 5 years with Pam, and finally he went to Paris with her, all the Paris pictures show them so in love,( i litt le messed up too lol), and all the poems and song inspired on her, don't you guys think maybe Jim was in love with her?Wasn't Jim smart enough to know that and wanted to be with her anyway?
He could have had all the women in the world but he choose Pam, why?
Well thanks in advance.
Oh, i forgot:
Why the others Doors members Manzarek said Pam and Jim were soul mates and he loved her so much?
Its all about the mith and marketing?
Robby has stated that Pamela was "mostly good for Jim", so i definately take his word for it. I also haven't heard any of the other Doors say anything bad about her (which is not to say they haven't, but everything i've heard from them about her wasn't exactly rude or anything).
Jim loved Pamela. That's it.. i don't think anyone could deny that. You don't spend a big wad of cash on some girl's store when you don't care a great deal for them. You don't leave your full estate to someone you don't care for.. that's my take on the whole thing.
How many songs and poems were dedicated to her or written about her?
I'm with you, B.T.
P.S Manuel, hiya, nice to meet you.. i think she worked at Themis between '67 and '71.

I agree with Blindtiger, and Violentblossom. Wether the relationship Jim and Pam shared was good, I think that they were dependant of eachother and truly loved eachother. The fact that he dedicated all his poetry to her, knowing how much poetry was important for him speaks volumes for me.
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:02 pm
by jamestkirk
For any "outsider" (in relation to any couple, like Jim & Pam) to proclaim any knowledge about that relationship and what they meant to each other is foolish. It seems to me like the Paris pictures alone, show a deep affection. Jim would likely have been abusing drugs and booze with or without Pam.
It was a way of life for many during those times......what's the harm, they all thought. Hindsight is easy for us, but sadly, it usually comes too late.
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:48 pm
by violentblossom
jamestkirk wrote:For any "outsider" (in relation to any couple, like Jim & Pam) to proclaim any knowledge about that relationship and what they meant to each other is foolish. It seems to me like the Paris pictures alone, show a deep affection. Jim would likely have been abusing drugs and booze with or without Pam.
It was a way of life for many during those times......what's the harm, they all thought. Hindsight is easy for us, but sadly, it usually comes too late.
quite right.
the French-fry eating one in itself speaks volumes.
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:04 pm
by lee
You're right,jamestkirk very true.
And yeah, I always thought that this French fry pic, was one of the pics, which showed the more the affection, that they had for eachother.
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:33 am
by MistyJm
violentblossom wrote:jamestkirk wrote:For any "outsider" (in relation to any couple, like Jim & Pam) to proclaim any knowledge about that relationship and what they meant to each other is foolish. It seems to me like the Paris pictures alone, show a deep affection. Jim would likely have been abusing drugs and booze with or without Pam.
It was a way of life for many during those times......what's the harm, they all thought. Hindsight is easy for us, but sadly, it usually comes too late.
quite right.
the French-fry eating one in itself speaks volumes.
Beautiful photo indeed. So true.
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:04 am
by Lauren
blindtiger wrote:Thats what i thought maybe the man was in love even if she was a junkie or not.
Hi Blindtiger--- I read through this as well and was just thinking.....hell, there had to have been some good times in there somewhere.
I do think they were in love, and yes I know exactly which pictures you are speaking of...as well as the songs.
Addiction is something that's hard to grasp in my opinion. They were both addicted to drugs/drinking-- maybe they were addicted to each other? In the sense that they were comfortable with each other and have been together for so long that it was 'their comfort zone'
Just brainstorming aloud......
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 am
by Lauren
violentblossom wrote:jamestkirk wrote:For any "outsider" (in relation to any couple, like Jim & Pam) to proclaim any knowledge about that relationship and what they meant to each other is foolish. It seems to me like the Paris pictures alone, show a deep affection. Jim would likely have been abusing drugs and booze with or without Pam.
It was a way of life for many during those times......what's the harm, they all thought. Hindsight is easy for us, but sadly, it usually comes too late.
quite right.
the French-fry eating one in itself speaks volumes.
True-- I do like that picture
And regarding your previous post, no I do not think that the Doors members have ever spoke ill of her, but in many interviews I have heard others who have worked with the Doors who have.......she was probably viewed in a different light by many..??
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:59 am
by violentblossom
Lauren wrote:violentblossom wrote:jamestkirk wrote:For any "outsider" (in relation to any couple, like Jim & Pam) to proclaim any knowledge about that relationship and what they meant to each other is foolish. It seems to me like the Paris pictures alone, show a deep affection. Jim would likely have been abusing drugs and booze with or without Pam.
It was a way of life for many during those times......what's the harm, they all thought. Hindsight is easy for us, but sadly, it usually comes too late.
quite right.
the French-fry eating one in itself speaks volumes.
True-- I do like that picture
And regarding your previous post, no I do not think that the Doors members have ever spoke ill of her, but in many interviews I have heard others who have worked with the Doors who have.......she was probably viewed in a different light by many..??
Yeah, and i totally empathize with her.
I'm not a bad person, but there are people out there who have seen me on really bad days and they've judged me off of that and assumed i was someone i wasn't.. not that i'd blame those people, but moods and emotions changed.
I'm sure Pamela had bad days and there were plenty of people around to witness that.. putting up with Jim shenanigans wasn't all rainbows and sunshine, as we all know.
Even Patricia Keneally has said nice things about her; that she was sweet and friendly and really sunny-California.
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:47 pm
by Sacha
violentblossom wrote:Lauren wrote:violentblossom wrote:
quite right.
the French-fry eating one in itself speaks volumes.
True-- I do like that picture
And regarding your previous post, no I do not think that the Doors members have ever spoke ill of her, but in many interviews I have heard others who have worked with the Doors who have.......she was probably viewed in a different light by many..??
Yeah, and i totally empathize with her.
I'm not a bad person, but there are people out there who have seen me on really bad days and they've judged me off of that and assumed i was someone i wasn't.. not that i'd blame those people, but moods and emotions changed.
I'm sure Pamela had bad days and there were plenty of people around to witness that.. putting up with Jim shenanigans wasn't all rainbows and sunshine, as we all know.
Even Patricia Keneally has said nice things about her; that she was sweet and friendly and really sunny-California.
UH! I was on PK’s my space page…and she referred to Pam to a picture that Jim was in (but can’t see Pam) as evil redhead something…I went back to her page and I can’t view her pictures.
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:50 pm
by Sacha
Anyways…back on topic. Pam was a heroine user and Jim was an alcoholic. So how can an addict help another? Really! The story goes the way it does and it’s been over for 38 years.
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:14 pm
by violentblossom
Sacha wrote:violentblossom wrote:Lauren wrote:
True-- I do like that picture
And regarding your previous post, no I do not think that the Doors members have ever spoke ill of her, but in many interviews I have heard others who have worked with the Doors who have.......she was probably viewed in a different light by many..??
Yeah, and i totally empathize with her.
I'm not a bad person, but there are people out there who have seen me on really bad days and they've judged me off of that and assumed i was someone i wasn't.. not that i'd blame those people, but moods and emotions changed.
I'm sure Pamela had bad days and there were plenty of people around to witness that.. putting up with Jim shenanigans wasn't all rainbows and sunshine, as we all know.
Even Patricia Keneally has said nice things about her; that she was sweet and friendly and really sunny-California.
UH! I was on PK’s my space page…and she referred to Pam to a picture that Jim was in (but can’t see Pam) as evil redhead something…I went back to her page and I can’t view her pictures.
red headed remora, was the term.
how funny, considering that PK herself has stated that she really liked Pam when she met her.
i wonder when exactly it turned nasty... i guess after PK's supposed abortion.
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:08 pm
by Sacha
I think if PK would have been prego with Jim's child she would have kept it. Are you kidding me this woman was a crazy stalker. If Jim would have knock her up she would have kept it...This is the reason why I know she was never prego in the first place, plus I think Jim had some fertility issues I read that he had to go to court because other woman claimed that they were prego with his child. DNA test proved that it was not JDM's child.
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:18 pm
by wha happened
Jim's fertility issues?...look at the 2 groupies that spread that rumor, they are about as believable as that guy in Oregon claiming to be Jim. They were both trying to sleep with Jim and believed anything that he told them.
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 pm
by MistyJm
Ah the Oregan cowboy. Is he still keeping up with his scam? Haven't read anything about him anymore.
Was there any proof to back up the stories about Jim's fertility issues?
I mean it's not like Jim flaunted around his medical records.
Correct me if I'm way off, but why would Jim discuss his sperm activity like that to women he knew randomly?
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:49 pm
by Lauren
MistyJm wrote:Ah the Oregan cowboy. Is he still keeping up with his scam? Haven't read anything about him anymore.
Was there any proof to back up the stories about Jim's fertility issues?
I mean it's not like Jim flaunted around his medical records.
Correct me if I'm way off, but why would Jim discuss his sperm activity like that to women he knew randomly?
I thought that Oregan guy was Jim, no?
I am still waiting for my DVD where he jumps out of the buggy thing.
JOKE
I did read from somewhere, that later on-- like soon before his death, he was stated to be infertile by a doc's note-- dont know the accuracy behind it; but that was not the early years.....who knows
I don't know....I really dont follow the "i had Jim's baby" stories much. I look at most all of them as crap.
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:54 pm
by MistyJm
He is Lauren he is.. he is a cowboy now y'all.
I agree most of the Jim's babies stories is crap. Until proven otherwise they are just rumors.
Didn't hear about the doc's note before. Thanks for sharing that girlie.

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:01 pm
by Lauren
MistyJm wrote: Didn't hear about the doc's note before. Thanks for sharing that girlie.

Well dont take it in all seriousness. I KNOW I read it somewhere....but I dont know the source or the accuracy.....maybe someone here has read this also?
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:16 pm
by MistyJm
Lauren wrote:MistyJm wrote: Didn't hear about the doc's note before. Thanks for sharing that girlie.

Well dont take it in all seriousness. I KNOW I read it somewhere....but I dont know the source or the accuracy.....maybe someone here has read this also?
I won't.

But if anyone has some more info on the doctor's note if it excisted that info would be interesting to hear.