literature

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

rollinstone18

literature

Post by rollinstone18 »

Hey Vince. I know this question may be hard - memory- but do you recall any books Jim read? I've read he was a big Kerouac and Neitzsche reader when he was young so I was wondering what he was reading when he was a little older.
vince

Post by vince »

I really cannot tell you what books Jim was reading in the latter years. In the time when he was being a "Poet" we was usually writing things in his note book as opposed to reading things from a book.

Then again, jim had a lot of time away from everyone so it was not a certainty as to his preoccupation.

Sorry I could not be more helpfull. I could suggest Lord of the Rings - Everyone was reading it then. By the way, it is probably one of the finest pieces of English Language literature written in the 20th Century dispite the best efforts of the movie to turn it into a circus.
Vince
Road Manager
The Doors