DalloLama

Future releases

Post by DalloLama »

Hi all,

I think the future plans for Bright Midnight include:

Felt Forum box set
Pittsburgh 70
Outtakes release.

Do you think they have very much in the archives?

What do u think they'll release after Felt Forum etc. It seems Jeff says they have a lot but nothing much gets released!

Cheers, Dallo
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

Something should be done with Seattle, Vancouver and Bakersfield. At least lossless downloads for the hardcore collectors.

Jeff tried to sweep the Matrix fiasco under the carpet, someone should push for more info.

We got the silent treatment in regards to Wolfgang's vault also.

What's up with the Isle of Wight?

The Felt Forum is about the best remaining material they have, so I think they will milk those for every penny. I'm sure each show will be released individually also, and I wouldn't doubt if there is a "Best Of" to go along with a box set.

I think it depends which day of the week you ask Jeff about how much they have. One interview he's quoted as saying they have hundreds of reels, then it's 9000 items in the archives, yet he just announced the outtake release might only consist of a SINGLE disc!? what?..do the hardcore fans get the shaft again? The outtakes are the most wanted release since the 1997 box set. Are they going to give us one disc, then a year later 'discover' a plethora buried in the archives? Why can't we get a straight answer about anything from that guy. I'd have more respect for him if he just told us what's going on from the start. Look back at the Perception set, we all hurried to buy it thinking it was something it really wasn't (no new mixes in redbook form, no original mixes on the dvd's, they reissued it a couple months later..etc etc). Then we got bullshit answers to many of our questions. yet people still manage to kiss his ass on the LL, when he treats most of them like shit with his sarcasm and he doesn't really give us answers to anything. 8-track tapes will be back in fashion before those downlaods are up. [/rant]

There has to be SOMETHING useable from the FOF audio.
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

what about Full Circle and Other voices' it suppose to be release next year
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

I'll believe it when I see/hear them. How many times have there been delays? Look at the b.s. surrounding the [not-so] limited vinyl box set.
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

I think it's stupid that the Outtakes is being reduced to 1 disc because of 'quality issues.' They better be fucking good ones and absolutely nothing from the Perception bonus tracks! I know Jeff ain't stupid enough to pass up the Matrix shows. I sent him a PM a while back:

Originally Posted by dj_vera
Hey Jeff,

Just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to listening to that Boston set, thanks a lot! I'm also looking forward to Pittsburgh and the Felt Forum box set. But I have to ask, is there ANY chance that we may see the Matrix performances officially released sometime in 2008? Is there a chance that selected songs will be released as downloads from the master clones that are currently in the archives?

Yes.

And who says the tapes in the vault are clones?

Just a rhetorical question - no need to answer.
Los Angeles, CA

But judging by recent posts, I doubt we'll get Matrix in '08. They really, REALLY should consider Fillmore Auditorium '67. Technically, it's the best sounding non-AL show they have because it's 4-track (Seattle and Vancouver are 2-track, Bakersfield is a stage recording). The only flaw is it's missing the drum track. I don't care anymore, let John overdub the drums for this release. Just don't fuck w/anything else! Oh and of course, I'd like to see Seattle, Vancouver, Bakersfield, and complete Hollywood Bowl released and would like to see that they are in fact trying to obtain Stockholm and IOW.