Carnegie Hall

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

MysticHeatedWine

Carnegie Hall

Post by MysticHeatedWine »

Hi Vince,

I also wanted to ask about the gig at Carnegie Hall on 11 / 23 / 71, 3 days before your last show with the band at the Hollywood Palladium. As far as I know, no recording of this show has ever surfaced but, according to the accounts I've read, it was a really good show, one of the best after Jim's death. I'm assuming you worked this show. Do you have any memories of the band's first gig in New York after Jim died and how you set the band up for the show ? Were they nervous being back in the Big Apple? Thanks.
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
Jim Morrison, Los Angeles, 1968
The Royal Sperm

Post by The Royal Sperm »

i read in Fred's book that the recordings exist,and also it appears the setlist
www.KatRecords.com
http.//devil-sperm.tripod.com
lovro_asperger

Post by lovro_asperger »

The Royal Sperm wrote:i read in Fred's book that the recordings exist,and also it appears the setlist
Who's Fred?
Fuck Jeff Milner!!!
MysticHeatedWine

Post by MysticHeatedWine »

I have all of Fred's books. They're great reference tools. I'll check out what he says about this show. Thanks.
"I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I see no lasting energy in the truth and the truth is this: Truth and Energy elicited by the stoned."
Jim Morrison, Los Angeles, 1968
lovro_asperger

Post by lovro_asperger »

Who the hell is Fred?! :?
Fuck Jeff Milner!!!
jim4371

Post by jim4371 »

lovro_asperger wrote:Who the hell is Fred?! :?
You know, Fred.
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

lovro_asperger wrote:
The Royal Sperm wrote:i read in Fred's book that the recordings exist,and also it appears the setlist
Who's Fred?
Fred Baggen is a former Doors collector.He wrote two books called The Doors on stage and in the Studio.It's about all of The Doors's recordings he has and more and were to find them on Bootleg CD or LP's or even tapes.
One book is with Jim and the other is all about the Post Morrison shows including the mentioning of Doors 21st shows till 2004. Great book!
Pitty he stopped collecting, but he decided to focus more on writing a book, which is ( I read a few pages) very interesting.He's a very good writer in my eyes.
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
The Royal Sperm

of course, fred is a great writer
www.KatRecords.com
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

The Carnegie show was recorded by an audience member. I thought it was circulating? It's not very good quality, and has the typical post-Jim set. I seem to recall Tony Glover joining the band. I also remember hearing someone close to the taper shouting for LA Woman or Riders. I haven't listened to it in years.
There's also some footage shot by an audience member.
The Royal Sperm

footage? wow, can you tell us more about?

the carnigie hall, isn't circulating, i lost an opportunity to get a copy a time ago .... post it :mrgreen:
www.KatRecords.com
lovro_asperger

Post by lovro_asperger »

I'll look in my giant post Morrison collection, I might even have it. :wink:
Fuck Jeff Milner!!!
lovro_asperger

Post by lovro_asperger »

Nah, damit, don't have it. :/
Fuck Jeff Milner!!!