News on Pittsburgh

All about the Bright Midnight Releases.

Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic

The Freedom Man
Site Owner

Post by The Freedom Man »

Thanks very much, Len
Can any Hell Be More Horrible Than Now In Real?
lament of an indian

Post by lament of an indian »

Sounds great, Thanks Len.
i fucked up
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

I just listend again to the version and the version from Vince's tapes.But where is the missing lyric? As far as I heard it's the same, so what am I missing here?
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

Has Jeff commented on the following about the "missing" section.

-How come the 2-track patch on Detroit was good enough for that show and it turned out just fine, but not for Pittsburgh?

-They ARE using a 2-track patch for the Close To You Intro, so why not LMF

-Did they look into pulling these sections from the A-L or ASC working tapes? (it seems like this portion of LMF may have been used for ASC)

-WHERE is the 2-track
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

thefreed wrote:I just listend again to the version and the version from Vince's tapes.But where is the missing lyric? As far as I heard it's the same, so what am I missing here?
Just before 1:00 into the song Jim is supposed to sing, "And I hate to remind you..." but he misses it the first time around. So I spliced it into place from later in the song. I guess it's a good thing that you can't detect the patch, heh.
The Freedom Man
Site Owner

HA, I missed that! Nice one!
Liberty Man

Post by Liberty Man »

Porsche wrote:I thought with the Pittsburgh release now announced and a full soundboard version of "Someday Soon" finally on its way, some fans might appreciate hearing this version of the song from Seattle with Jim's missing lyric restored. It was a simple enough patch and came out pretty well. I also made a clever edit at the beginning to remove some fan talking during Robby's opening. Hope everyone enjoys. It's in FLAC format -- anything less would be uncivilized: http://www.sendspace.com/file/t2h39g
Thank you Len, good work.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Porsche wrote:
thefreed wrote:I just listend again to the version and the version from Vince's tapes.But where is the missing lyric? As far as I heard it's the same, so what am I missing here?
Just before 1:00 into the song Jim is supposed to sing, "And I hate to remind you..." but he misses it the first time around. So I spliced it into place from later in the song. I guess it's a good thing that you can't detect the patch, heh.
Couldn't notice it! Great work.
Thanks

SF
Frequincy

Post by Frequincy »

Porsche wrote:
dj_vera wrote:
wha happened wrote:Wasn't there a glitch on the Detroit show (RHB?) where they had to use a 2-track patch?
Yes there was!
Whereabouts? And any idea what kind of glitch? I've never heard much talk about Detroit being cut or missing parts. I'd like to listen for it.
The sound quality does change a bit on RHB. There's not anything really missing though.
He is the Last Dinosaur!
glenn

Post by glenn »

Preview clips are up on Amazon.
When I was a kid, we used to put pennies on the tracks and watch them get smashed.
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

glenn wrote:Preview clips are up on Amazon.
Thanks for the heads up!
dj_vera

Post by dj_vera »

Well it seems to me that the Philadelphia patch can be heard on the Amazon clip of LMF. "Oh yeah come on..." is definitely from Philly. Doesn't sound too bad though.
tsporr93

Post by tsporr93 »

Wow, that is from Philly. I realize that Philly is the closest show time-wise to Pitts, but you would think that the spliced-in piece would be from a show that doesn't really have a signature line before the solo... but, at least the release wasn't CANCELED like it was almost because of a 30 second missing piece. However, if the 2-track tape was used to fix "Special Treat" and close to you, why can't it be used here (the $1,000,000 question)??
Some are born to the endless night...
AK

Post by AK »

Robby's tone on that Backdoor Man sample sounds awesome. It sounds a lot nastier on this Pittsburgh relase than it does on the BMR Sampler.

Might just be the compression from the Amazon sample, but whatever it is- it sounds great.
cutis

Post by cutis »

This live version of Train sounds mighty tasty as well......
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Off course we cannot judge these clips for the whole, but I have to say this show is promising.

The only clips I found out a little disapointing were "5 to 1" and "Someday Soon" (I know it would be the first time we have this song in such a quality but I always consider Seattle version far superior than this one and it seems to me this is being confirmed).

Let's wait.

SF
tsporr93

Post by tsporr93 »

I really hope that the announcer outtro wasn't cut out of this release like it was from the Boston early show...
what_A_trip67-71

Post by what_A_trip67-71 »

tsporr93 wrote:I really hope that the announcer outtro wasn't cut out of this release like it was from the Boston early show...
from the LL-

"I've only heard a couple minutes of the audience tape, but at the end of the new CD it's got Bill Siddons breifly telling the crowd after LMF that "the band is in their limo's and have split, shows over folks".

not sure if this is the anouncer outro you speak of, but this was said by a man who got an early promo of the cd...
they are the ones who will rule the world
tsporr93

Post by tsporr93 »

Cool hopefully that's true.
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

What audience tape? there is no Pittsburgh aud. tape.

How much of the announcer was included after Siddons? He talks about upcoming acts coming to the Arena.
tsporr93

Post by tsporr93 »

Aren't the three Pittsburgh tracks on Stages from an aud tape?
wha happened

Post by wha happened »

No, they were secretly recorded while a former manager played copies of the multitracks.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Pittsburgh is excellent, in both performance and sound quality, inspite of the patches.

I think this is by far THE best 70's gig I've heard -- made even better with Jim being 'sober' in comparison to Boston for example...
BrysonK

Post by BrysonK »

I want those drugs that make people think pittsburgh is the best 70's performance. :-o
lovro_asperger

Post by lovro_asperger »

BrysonK wrote:I want those drugs that make people think pittsburgh is the best 70's performance. :-o
Me too! :shock:
Fuck Jeff Milner!!!
lovro_asperger

Post by lovro_asperger »

And I also wonder what these people think about the Hawaii show.
Fuck Jeff Milner!!!
Mark

Post by Mark »

BrysonK wrote:I want those drugs that make people think pittsburgh is the best 70's performance. :-o
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, without having sarcasm thrown in their face -- Hawaii is good, I'm not disputing that, but I prefer Pittsburgh.
Mark

Post by Mark »

lovro_asperger wrote:And I also wonder what these people think about the Hawaii show.
"These People" think Hawaii is just fine...
lovro_asperger

Post by lovro_asperger »

Pittsburgh is out of league. It can't even be compared to Hawaii
Fuck Jeff Milner!!!