Question About Miami

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

tsporr93

Question About Miami

Post by tsporr93 »

Hey vince, I'm sorry if you have answered this question before (or if you can remember, if not its no big deal). Anyways, I'm trying to put together a transcript of the Miami show and I was wondering if you remembered whether is was at the beginning of the show (right after Touch Me) or at the very end of the show (after LMF) that you came out and pulled up on Jim's pants so he couldn't take them off? As I said, it's not a big deal if you cannot remember, seeing as it's been nearly 40 years, but if so that's be great.
Some are born to the endless night...
manuel08

Post by manuel08 »

here a blog on miami
tx to gilles for info

http://www.djpauledge.com/blog.php?id=79
Buda

Post by Buda »

Jim wasn't about to take off his trousers nor his pants. He was just imitating the act (putting his hand in it) and that came down as more than enough in front of some merely naive youngsters who thought it's the end of their world witnessing such.
sixteendollars16

Post by sixteendollars16 »

I had read somewhere that he was wearing pants with the zipper in the back that night, making it difficult to even get them off. Can anyone else touch on this?
Buda

Post by Buda »

Yeah, if I remember correctly it was either Ray or Vince who said that he was miraclously wearing pants that night. A very unusual thing for Jim to do before and after.
Silver Forest

Post by Silver Forest »

Pants? I think I heard it was some boxing shorts.
I guess it was no coincidence. Jim was ready :lol: