Did Jim and John really clash?

We're lucky to have former Doors road manager Vince Treanor here to answer fan questions and share some of his memories. Ask Vince about anything related to the equipment The Doors used, stage set-ups, specific concerts, the band after Jim's death, and working on the Oliver Stone movie.

Moderator: The Freedom Man

StrangeNightOfStone

Did Jim and John really clash?

Post by StrangeNightOfStone »

Hi Vince
Based on what I've read, John Densmore got on quite well with Robby Krieger- But he didn't understand Jim-and in recent years John and Ray have clashed, so much so that litigation from John (and the Morrison estate) prevented Ray and Robby using the name 'The Doors' for their current musical endeavors....

The path many bands follow seems the same- they start off as strangers, then get very tight, then are overwelmed by fame and sucess, grow bored, drift apart then grow to hate each other...

How did John Densmore get along with Jim and Ray when the Doors were together? I have heard some fans some assert that 'Ray and Jim hated John', but find that just a bit too harsh to believe. Perhaps Jim saw John as a 'coworker' as opposed to being 'a friend'.

Ray paints a picture that he (Ray) and Jim were as close as brothers.
The Doors seemed to have phenononal musical chemistry- I wonder if that chemitrsy was carried offstage as well.
Enya

Post by Enya »

I wish Vince will find time to post a reply to this, would love to read his opinion on this. :|